• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WPC: Weeding out the suckers – With chowder please

Pappas

http://www.warpathconfidential.com/?p=842

Weeding out the suckers – With chowder please

The Redskins saved their best offensive performance in the preseason until the third game, outperforming the New England Patriots in almost every statistical area, except the score.

Washington gained more yards (394-to-277), more first downs (23-to-18), had greater time of possession (33:00-to-27:00), turnovers (3-to-1), and third down efficiency (42%-to-27%). The Redskins also ran more offensive plays (69-to-54), and gained more per play on average (5.6 yards-to-5.1 yards).

With the improved play of the offense, and the generation of turnovers on defense, there are heroes to celebrate. But there are villains too, with breakdowns on both sides of the ball.

Here we take a look at a few of each.

Jason Campbell – Super Hot

Campbell brought the noise, going 13-22 for 209 yards and a passer rating of 90.9. The Patriots took away the rushing attack, challenging Campbell to beat them. He did. Campbell connected on passes of 73 yards, 21 yards (twice), and numerous passes over 10 yards. He had an impressive 9.5 yard average per reception, and even ran in a touchdown. Campbell had been less than stellar in the preseason before Friday, with people murmuring about his job security. Today, there is no doubt who the starting quarterback for the Redskins is.

DeAngelo Hall – Super Not

Hall had the unenviable task of covering Randy Moss. He failed spectacularly. Moss had 6 catches for 90 yards and two touchdowns. Hall got beat badly on the 26-yard touchdown pass to Moss. On the next New England possession, Hall was guilty of a facemask against Moss that extended the drive. With Carlos Rogers out, one would think Tom Brady would have picked on the weaker corner for the Redskins Friday. The way Hall played, it looks like he did.

Click the link to read the entire article...

My feeling is that Hall was not put in good positions against the Patriots.

There's no doubt that was a boneheaded play on the Moss facemask. He grabbed it.

But that TD was some nice moves from Moss and a great throw by Brady. Hall never had a chance. He went outside, Moss cut inside, and Brady threw it to the inside.

I can't blame Hall for that TD.

He's our best corner.

I agree. Hall is the real deal IMHO. When you play against the kind of powerful offense the Patriots have, you're going to take some shots. You just aren't going to be able to shut down Tom Brady and Randy Moss. That was a perfect throw to the most physically-gifted WR of the past decade. No shame for Hall that he couldn't stop it.

Deangelo Hall is the least of our worries. He's going to have a great year.

Marko Mitchell won his job as the 5th WR in my opinion.
Colt saved his job.

I think Rayner's kick offs may have given him a slight edge.......suisham has been inconsistent with his KOs.

Totally agree with the article.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.