• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TMZ: Former NFL Pro Bowler "I'm Dead Broke...And Living With My Parents."

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Former NFL bad ass Chris McAlister -- who signed a $55 MILLION contract in 2004 -- claims he's BROKE AS A JOKE and living with his parents ... this according to court docs obtained by TMZ.

The ex-Baltimore Ravens defensive superstar has just filed new documents in his child support war with his ex-wife Marlene in the hopes of lowering his $11,000 per month obligation.

In the docs, Chris -- a 1st round NFL draft pick in 1999 who played in the league for 10 years -- states, "I have been unemployed since 2009. I have no income."

He adds, "I live in my parent's home. My parents provide me with my basic living expenses as I do not have the funds to do so."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/09/14/chris...aby-mama-marlene-parents-house-home-football/

Sounds like he needed to invest a little better. Perhaps the NFL should educate rookies better on how to save their money and not go around buying **** they dont need.

but I dont feel sorry for a man who got to play a kids game for a kings ransom and didnt save.

The NFL has rookie symposiums to educate these kids. I can only imagine what they are like.

NFL: Looks guys, here is a long list of those who have gone broke thinking they could spend tons of money on useless items like a diamond silver back necklace or investing with people they trusted only to have those investments disappear and end up broke.

Rookies: What is this guy talking about? I want to hit the strip club and make it rain or go play video games!

$55 million. That must have been one incredible party after another.

I saw another article a year ago that detailed exactly how many football players go broke. It was amazing. The numbers are incredible.

HBO Real Sports did a very good story on this recently. The majority of money that is lost is usually from bad investments, not frivolous spending. Two of the players that were mentioned were players you might not think would be wasteful spenders either.

I remember this guy as being a fantastic player too. A really good player. Now, he's broke.

Wow. Hard to imagine. I think back to my younger days though and I can see that happening, I suppose. Particularly if I hadn't been married to a budget-whiz.

Fifty-five million dollars.

Fifty-five million dollars.

Fifty. Five. Million. Dollars.

Fifty ... five ... MILLION ... dollars.

I can't begin to imagine how anyone could lose that much money that fast.

Bad investments have a lot to do with it but there are a bunch that do spend a lot the nfl rookie symposiom has not been going on for that long a time mabey 10 years or so. hopefully each team has finacial advisors that are not a part of the team that can steer guys in the right direction

Top level Aussie Rules players are lucky if they get a contract worth $600,000 per year, which is about the upper limit.

With a new team entering the comp next year, one player struck it rich for a 6 year / $5 mill contract, but that's unheard of in the scheme of things. This contract was only possible with financial assistance from the ruling body (AFL), but the other clubs are left to fend for themselves.

Aussie Rules teams have a salary cap, but it is only about A$8mill per team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.