• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Don't fall asleep on the Cards

burgold

The Pro Bowler
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
The Cards haven't been dealt yet, but I hope we go all in. That's to say, for years, the Redskins have overlooked teams and have self inflated their ego only to meet a pin and lose to the worst of teams.

Well, the Cards are not the worst of teams. Yes, a rookie threw for 400 yards on them, but in a game that they had the offensive firepower to overcome. The Cards offense carried them.

Our team needs to be sharp to beat the Cards. We are not there yet and need not to overstate the Giants' game. Truth is, we don't know who this team is yet and neither do the Redskins. They are in the proving stage and we need them to prove it.

So, in that sence the Cards are a tricky, dangerous team. If we are a good team we should win, but we have to play like a good team to do so and take them seriously. As fans, we've been focusing on one lousy game of defense by Arizona and completely ignoring what must have been a good offensive game.

Our defense is unproven. Our o-line is inconsistent. We need to take everyone seriously or we'll wind up losing to the Lions, Rams, and zero win teams again.

I don't think Shanny will let this team fall asleep. If they don't it will be one more positive step forward.

My hope is that the infusion of youth on this team has somewhat eroded it's tendency to overlook opponents. For years the Redskins haven't been good enough to overlook anyone. It's possible that cleaning house will change that culture.

That said, this team is still a huge question mark. With all the changes on this team, I'm not sure we can expect tons of consistency. We won't get a bead on the Redskins after one game, so who knows how we'll do this week? The Giants game may have been a sign of improvement or it could have just been a fluke.

We'll find out soon enough. A win would be great. A loss ... not earth-shattering.

It's been years and years of let-downs following a decent win. I, by no means, am looking past this game. I can only hope that all this talk of not wanting a "victory Monday" isn't just talk and that the Redskins themselves are also looking only so far as this Sunday.

I have high hopes for us this year. This Sunday will be the first real test that will show whether we are pretenders or for real.

A loss, while disappointing, would not be the end of the world....so long as we show up, play hard and take it to the Cardinals like we mean to be here for a while.

Man, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

I really hate these let down games

This is NOT a game with the potential of being a let-down game.
If we lose, it's because they're a good team, not because we underestimated them
Everybody knows how good the Cards are.
Warner, or no Warner, they are only 2 and a half years removed from being on the brink of Super Bowl Champions.
We're not talking the OLD Cards, that were former bottom-dwellers of the NFC East.

Last edited:
actually we are talking about a bad team.

warner is gone, bodin is gone, hightower and james are gone. half of the D from the super bowl is gone. a new HC is in town. its a whole new team.

Same HC they had when they went to the superbowl . If Kolb gets his stuff together no reason the cardinals cant win the NFC West

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.