• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

what are you looking for this week?

fansince62

welllll.......

1) better pass blocking...esp from our LT; one or fewer sacks.....fewer hits

2) better than a 2.8 yd/carry average in the run game

3) better safety play...especially with Mr Fitzgerald in town

4) some deep pass completions & no drops

5) no missed FGs

1. No letdowns. The Redskins of the past would easily walk into the game this week vs. an opponent they are totally capable of beating at home, yet somehow find a way to lose either via poor special teams play, turnovers, critical penalties, defensive breakdowns on 3rd downs, etc. It will be interesting to see if we can show evidence that we've truly turned the corner. As important as it is for us to learn how to win the big game against division opponents, it's just as important for us to win the games that it might be a bit more difficult to get emotional fired up for. It will be interesting to see if we take care of business soundly vs. Arizona, or simply go through the motions on Sunday in an ugly fashion and have to have it come down to the wire, win or lose (especially considering that there is the possibility that some guys in the locker room might be looking ahead to the Cowboys game).

If the team rolls over the Cards then I'll consider it a step in a right direction. If we barely scrape by them in an ugly win or give the game away (in typical "Redskins of old" fashion), then I'll still have my doubts about this team for the 2011 season.

Sometimes a cliche says it best.

Just win, baby.

-Better run blocking.
-A more consistent pass rush from the edges.
-Less forcing the ball into tight coverage and better accuracy on long balls from Grossman.
-another wish for posterior cranium extraction by Gano.
-Landry and Cooley back in action.

I would like to see the same level of intensity and effort I saw in the Giants game-regardless of outcome. That will tell me more of what I want to find out about this team than anything else.

Um ... a win? :)

EDIT: Or what Om said.

I'm looking for that point in every game, where the outcome could go either way. Could be in the 4th Quarter, could be in the 1st. In years past, those moments almost always seem to end up working for the opposition. Last week, we seized them. And created our own momentum.

I want that to happen again.

I don't want this team "playing down" to the level of their competition. No disrespect to the Cardinals, but this has been a problem for nearly two decades. It is time to break free from that level of play. It's time dominate the teams that we should defeat in a sound manner.

The OLine has got to improve. If it doesn't, then we can figure that last week was the best we've got.

OTOH, we've got to win while the schedule is easy

The second win of a 5 game win streak going into the break.

The key to the BGO liquor cabinet.

Plus another win.
Would like to see the run game catch fire and a little more Helu to change things up from time to time.

My computer to be repaired by Saturday. This one is so old and slow, I'll never be able to even listen to the game.

Does Navy Dave still do play by play ?

I'm looking for that point in every game, where the outcome could go either way. Could be in the 4th Quarter, could be in the 1st. In years past, those moments almost always seem to end up working for the opposition. Last week, we seized them. And created our own momentum.

I want that to happen again.

I like that!

Huh? You lost me on this one.

I will need an internet feed this week - ah well.

Back in the day on ES, before streaming video was real common, people would do on line play by play for us geographically challenged folks. I'm not saying it was good, but it gave ya the gist of what was happening in real time.

Navy Dave was a regular in doing this.

I wanna see Hightower run for 200+ yds, with 3 TD's
I wanna see Grossman pass for 500+ yds with 5 TD's
I want Gaffney to catch 3 of those TD's
I want to see Helu break a 70+ yd TD run
I want to see Moss turn a 5yd pass into an 85 yd score
I want to see Gano make a field goal, and all extra points
I want to see Orakpo get 3 sacks
I want to see Kerrigan get 3 sacks
I want to see Fletcher cause 2 fumbles while making 12 tackles
I want to see D. Hall get 2 pick 6's
I want to see Landry able to go full speed, with no setback

But, most importantly, I want to see a win.

If any, or all, of these things happen in the process, outstanding.

But, if a 2-0 win is all I can get, I'll take it.

Though I'll be a ****ing basket case until it's final

I wanna see Hightower run for 200+ yds, with 3 TD's
I wanna see Grossman pass for 500+ yds with 5 TD's
I want Gaffney to catch 3 of those TD's
I want to see Helu break a 70+ yd TD run
I want to see Moss turn a 5yd pass into an 85 yd score
I want to see Gano make a field goal, and all extra points
I want to see Orakpo get 3 sacks
I want to see Kerrigan get 3 sacks
I want to see Fletcher cause 2 fumbles while making 12 tackles
I want to see D. Hall get 2 pick 6's
I want to see Landry able to go full speed, with no setback

If you're gonna dream, dream big ;)

I like that!
Agree, Goalde hit it right on.

Momentum, determination, perseverance, gut-check-time or whatever you want to call it has been all too elusive in the "recent" (decade or so) past.

I'd like to see Doughty make the play that seals the deal or ignites a comeback for the win.

Would like to see the run game catch fire and a little more Helu to change things up from time to time.
Agree that we need to change the run game up a little more, but I think Torain and not Helu is the man to do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.