• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

what are you looking for this week?

Wow, I see a lot of people just looking for a win. Why? Are we thinking this is a team that can go all the way?

I don't care about the won lost column this year. I'm saving those wishes for when it matters.

This week I want to see sacks from the OLB position. I want to see a defense capable of making a hot offense run cold while they try to guess whether the heat is coming and from where. I want to see a defense capable of taking away the best part of an opposing teams offense through game planning and performance.

On Offense, I want to see our line opening holes to run and passing lanes. I want to see an offense regularly set up readily makable 3rd and short downs. Then I want to see us make 2/3 of the third downs with less than 5 to go.

I think our ability to do these things is what we most need to develop if we are to build a team to go deep in the playoffs.

Wow, I see a lot of people just looking for a win. Why? Are we thinking this is a team that can go all the way?

I don't care about the won lost column this year. I'm saving those wishes for when it matters.
There is never an instance when winning isn't the desired outcome.

Never.

I don't care about the won lost column this year. I'm saving those wishes for when it matters....

It's a fair question. Deserves a fair answer.

To me winning is a learned behavior. It builds on itself. It begets confidence, which begets looser more natural play, which begets more and bigger wins, which begets more confidence ... and so on. Firrst you learn to win (yes, having talent helps). Then you get good.

We've done enough legwork and roster building to compete with just about anyone on any day. What comes next is turning that into the one thing that has eluded us so long.

Wins.

I know everyone is in extremely "I hate Dallas" mode, but as I step back for a moment, I am forced to look at a team I wouldn't have put a the top of the skilled big boy teams before the season began.

The team has come a long way, but I keep cautioning myself to remember what we really need to see in terms of progress from this team. So with that perspective firmly ducktaped to each of the lenses of my glasses, here is what I will be looking for:

1) How do we perform against a good NT. Can Monty hold the line together and get push rather than be pushed.

2) Related to number 1, but how well does our OL which relies more on speed and positioning rather than brute force match up with a 3-4. Can our OL keep their LB from penetrating.

3) Can we force the Cowboys into either max protect schemes or short routes? Will Romo to make quick reads and play to avoid the pass rush in order to protect his ribs? I'm curious to see whether we have gotten good enough to force opponents to change their game plan away from their strengths to avoid our strengths.

4) Can our TEs still get open in the middle? Similar to number 3, but on this front I want our strengths to be strong enough to overcome an opponent even when they know what is likely to be our plan.

5) Our secondary, how do our recently injured/returning players perform?

I would say we are further along that I would have thought going into game 3. I wouldn't have expected to be at a place as a team where we can work on dictating how a game is played on either side of the ball.

You got your wish, Tom. Reed recovered the Stuckey fumble that Westbrook caused.
How about that, Westbrook makes the "flash" play and Reed knocks the loose ball out of Stuckey’s reach while moving on it himself.

Good stuff by our backups.

Kudos to the booth review, too

I know everyone is in extremely "I hate Dallas" mode, but as I step back for a moment, I am forced to look at a team I wouldn't have put a the top of the skilled big boy teams before the season began.

The team has come a long way, but I keep cautioning myself to remember what we really need to see in terms of progress from this team. So with that perspective firmly ducktaped to each of the lenses of my glasses, here is what I will be looking for:

1) How do we perform against a good NT. Can Monty hold the line together and get push rather than be pushed.

2) Related to number 1, but how well does our OL which relies more on speed and positioning rather than brute force match up with a 3-4. Can our OL keep their LB from penetrating.

3) Can we force the Cowboys into either max protect schemes or short routes? Will Romo to make quick reads and play to avoid the pass rush in order to protect his ribs? I'm curious to see whether we have gotten good enough to force opponents to change their game plan away from their strengths to avoid our strengths.

4) Can our TEs still get open in the middle? Similar to number 3, but on this front I want our strengths to be strong enough to overcome an opponent even when they know what is likely to be our plan.

5) Our secondary, how do our recently injured/returning players perform?

I would say we are further along that I would have thought going into game 3. I wouldn't have expected to be at a place as a team where we can work on dictating how a game is played on either side of the ball.

Good list and I agree, but the thing I am most curious about is how this team handles the spotlight. Will the pups be nervous and let it impact their play. The psyche of this team seems so much better, but we've seen it wilt on Monday Night before. I want to see them fight and scrap and be at their best.

This week, I'm looking for Banks to take one to the house.
I'm looking for Gano to be perfect. On FG's, EP's, and kickoffs.
I'm looking for 3 TD passes, all to our guys, from Grossman.
One of those being Cooley's 1st.
I'm looking for High-lu to rush for 200+yds, and 2 scores.
I'm looking for Rak's 1st multi-sack game.
I'm looking for Kerrigan to get his 2nd interception.
I'm looking for D-Hall to get two. Only one from RrrrrrrHomo.
I'm looking to go to bed Monday night/Tuesday morning 3-0.

We are still not getting much respect. Every one keeps minimizing our victories, depleted Giants, weak Cradinals (Of course after they pick the Cards to win the NFC West)...blah! Blah! Blah!

It would be a statement if they came out and handled Dallas in Dallas. Of course we would still hear, "Oh the injuries!" But if we go into Dallas and whoop them, that would go a long way to silence the critics.

That's what I am looking for.

But if we go into Dallas and whoop them, that would go a long way to silence the critics.

This is always what I'm looking for in Dallas week. I don't care how, I don't care why, I just want a big victory. Or a last-minute, Dallass fan heart-breaking win will suffice in a pinch.

I bet two guys on my kickball team that Grossman would throw 3 or more TD passes...so I'm also looking for that. We did an over/under of 2.5.

Something I'd like to see Monday is turnovers in our favor. Right now, our to ratio stands at 0-were dead even on takeaways and giveaways. We could have some opportunities presented to us Monday. Dallas is tied with the Bears, Broncos and Rams for the league lead with 6 fumbles in the first two games. They've also been intercepted three times.

It's time for DeAngelo's first regular season INT.

Kickball? Seriously?

Yep! I highly recommend it - hanging w/ friends while drinking beer & admiring "scenery" without the pretentiousness of bars/clubs - there are worse things to do on a Thursday night.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

That movie has one of my top 5 quotes of all time in it.

"Hallmark didn't have an 'I'm sorry your kickball coach just died under 2000lbs of irony' card."

That movie has one of my top 5 quotes of all time in it.

"Hallmark didn't have an 'I'm sorry your kickball coach just died under 2000lbs of irony' card."

I always forget that's there, and then roar with laughter when reminded. Jason Bateman is frickin' hysterical as the announcer too, btw.

We are still not getting much respect. Every one keeps minimizing our victories, depleted Giants, weak Cradinals (Of course after they pick the Cards to win the NFC West)...blah! Blah! Blah!

It would be a statement if they came out and handled Dallas in Dallas. Of course we would still hear, "Oh the injuries!" But if we go into Dallas and whoop them, that would go a long way to silence the critics.

We're getting some love, El. ESPN has 2/3s of their experts picking us. Now it may very well be because of injuries, or they may couch it because of injuries or whatever, but we are getting a little love.

Actually, El, even a big win over Dallas will do little to garner much respect from the media or fans of most other teams, IMO.

The Redskins have an image that has been built up over the recent past-and I'm talking the last 15-18 years here-as a not-very-good to miserably poor football team-a lot of which is, quite frankly, deserved. The dismal image Dan Snyder created and his contentious history with the media didn't help matters any either. Our history of poor front office decisions, the carousel of coaches, the sometimes uninspired play on the field has settled into people's minds as the definition of "The Redskins." It will likely take repetitive success over more than one season to reshape this image so expecting or even hoping for it to change after a 3-0 start would be, to my way of thinking, forlorn and futile.

Personally, I'm taking it in stride because I consider it a conditioned response that will in time-and with success-be overcome. I really don't much care what the media or other fans think of the Redskins right now. If-no, make that when-we're in the playoffs, if not this year then 2012 or 2013 at the latest-they'll be changing their tune.

In the meantime, I'm just going to enjoy watching the Skins transition into a good and eventually feared football team and savoring every win along the way.

They don't respect us? Nah, not yet. But they will.

We'll make them respect us.

i'm looking for the Redskins to come out and pound the run down the pukes throats. i really want to see some domination from the oline. I think that will really make things easy for Rex. Of course I'm looking for the win which I think we can get. oh and i like my kickball serves slow and bouncy.

Actually, El, even a big win over Dallas will do little to garner much respect from the media or fans of most other teams, IMO.

The Redskins have an image that has been built up over the recent past-and I'm talking the last 15-18 years here-as a not-very-good to miserably poor football team-a lot of which is, quite frankly, deserved. The dismal image Dan Snyder created and his contentious history with the media didn't help matters any either. Our history of poor front office decisions, the carousel of coaches, the sometimes uninspired play on the field has settled into people's minds as the definition of "The Redskins." It will likely take repetitive success over more than one season to reshape this image so expecting or even hoping for it to change after a 3-0 start would be, to my way of thinking, forlorn and futile.

Personally, I'm taking it in stride because I consider it a conditioned response that will in time-and with success-be overcome. I really don't much care what the media or other fans think of the Redskins right now. If-no, make that when-we're in the playoffs, if not this year then 2012 or 2013 at the latest-they'll be changing their tune.

In the meantime, I'm just going to enjoy watching the Skins transition into a good and eventually feared football team and savoring every win along the way.

They don't respect us? Nah, not yet. But they will.

We'll make them respect us.

I love, love, this post :) Nicely put friend :cheers:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.