• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cheers and Jeers

Cheer- we had less penalties than NY by a huge margin I believe! Yay!
Jeer-we need more pressure from our D up the middle and less pressure on our OL from the middle.
Cheers to both Offensive and Defensive coordinators for making OBVIOUS adjustments at halftime. 'Bout time!!!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIO9DLe_-rY&feature=player_embedded#[/media]!

Yeah, it is. Jim Cornelison. Pretty good. I think he first started singing for the Bears in the playoffs last year. Although, I could be mistaken. He must be a Chicago native/fan or just paid well.

Yeah, it is. Jim Cornelison. Pretty good. I think he first started singing for the Bears in the playoffs last year. Although, I could be mistaken. He must be a Chicago native/fan or just paid well.
Either way, it was epic, and the perfect choice for the song today. Caught my attention immediately. Me and my wife both were in awe.

Neild looked worlds better when allowed to attack a gap rather than 2 gap, he actually loooked pretty good, something I hadnt seen from him all preseason.

Bruce Allen for getting ANYTHING for Mcrapp

Kerrigan has a lot to learn but he plays full tilt, I love that kid.

Grossman, yeah he was sexy rexy a bit, with some bad decisions and a stupid fumble, but he also made some throws that maybe 3 qbs in the NFL could make.

jeers- rak, you are supposed to be the lynchpin of this defence.

TW- I was saying in the chat, if he keeps playing like this, we had better draft a real LT next year, because he looked terrible.

Chris chester- this years rabach

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the artist Ne-Yo at the Redskins game today, but that man in Chicago sings the National Anthem exactly how I envision it should always be sung! Whitney Houston was awesome and sung it with so much heart during SB 25 when we were at war, but that is the best rendition of the National Anthem I have ever seen!

Neild looked worlds better when allowed to attack a gap rather than 2 gap, he actually loooked pretty good, something I hadnt seen from him all preseason.

Bruce Allen for getting ANYTHING for Mcrapp

Kerrigan has a lot to learn but he plays full tilt, I love that kid.

Grossman, yeah he was sexy rexy a bit, with some bad decisions and a stupid fumble, but he also made some throws that maybe 3 qbs in the NFL could make.

TW- I was saying in the chat, if he keeps playing like this, we had better draft a real LT next year, because he looked terrible.

Chris chester- this years rabach

youd fumble to if your turnstye let the defender untouched right by him.

Defense held the Giants to 1-10 on 3rd downs

That is drastically different than anything over the past 10 years!

seemed likme in past years teams would convert a high rate of 3rds on us hopefully this present trend continues for a couple of years

My major cheer is for the defense doing something I have been itching to see.

They ratcheted up the speed, intensity and effort in the second half and simply throttled the Giants offense. How many games in the recent past (use your own definition of "recent past" if you want) have the Redskins been tied, in the lead, or even within striking distance and the other team gets things going and pulls away? This was the most dramatic improvement I saw-there were others. Yes, I know the Giants had impact players out with injury, so did we (LaRon Landry anyone??). This is a fact of the NFL. Lesser teams than the Giants have been able to take games away from us in the second half and I was very pleased to watch this not happen.

Similar kudos to the offense for actually winning what was a tie game, again, in the second half.

Kudos to the team for looking like they actually wanted to win a football game and maintaining a high level of effort and intensity.

Problems? Jeers? They're listed above, but that's something we should already know and recognize as part of a growing process that seems to be, in its second season, starting to bear fruit. There's a lot of improvements that can be made ahead but the direction looks a lot better now.

Final note: I love the speed at which we played, especially on D. Unfortuneately it may cost Reed Doughty his roster spot at some point. He just doesn't have-never has had really-the athleticism to play at this speed level.

My major cheer is for the defense doing something I have been itching to see.

They ratcheted up the speed, intensity and effort in the second half and simply throttled the Giants offense. How many games in the recent past (use your own definition of "recent past" if you want) have the Redskins been tied, in the lead, or even within striking distance and the other team gets things going and pulls away? This was the most dramatic improvement I saw-there were others. Yes, I know the Giants had impact players out with injury, so did we (LaRon Landry anyone??). This is a fact of the NFL. Lesser teams than the Giants have been able to take games away from us in the second half and I was very pleased to watch this not happen.

Well Said...:clap2:

Everything I read has neglected to mention Rak. I haven't rewatched the game for detail yet, but Rak played lights out in this one. One of Neild's sacks came off of Rak making a play and Neild cleaning up. He also blocked that field goal. He and Kerrigan played well.

Cofield didn't show up on the stat sheet, but he demanded double teams and allowed those two to go play football, his impact shouldn't be forgotten, either.

DeAngelo Hall played hard as well, and let's not forget London Fletcher and OJ Atogwe who were all over the field. Stephen Bowen, Adam Carriker need mentions as well. As does Rocky McIntosh, who didn't play great, but he looked much better than he had in this same system last year.

Offensively, Santana Moss, Jabar Gaffney, Rex Grossman, Tim Hightower all looked pretty good. People are dogging THT a bit, but his explosive play helps to open the passing game. The Giants primed their defense to shut down THT and make Grossman beat them because of THT's ability.

I'm nervous about one spot right now, and that's the OL. It's extremely inconsistent, and that's scary.

Here is a hell of a cheer:

Monday is officially a work day for NFL players as they go in and review film, maybe have some meetings and lift weights. However, Mike Shanahan has made a practice, which fairly common around the league, of rewarding players with Monday off when they win on Sunday.

The announcement of what is called "Victory Monday" is made during the celebration immediately after the game. After the win against the Giants, Shanahan did just that.

But captain London Fletcher declined the day off on behalf of the team. The team will voluntarily give up its Victory Monday and go in to work.

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2011/09/players-decline-victory-monday.html

I love this stuff, eat it up. Told my wife I love London Fletcher and want to have his baby. She is talking to a lawyer now.

Here is a hell of a cheer:

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2011/09/players-decline-victory-monday.html

I love this stuff, eat it up. Told my wife I love London Fletcher and want to have his baby. She is talking to a lawyer now.

Attitude. Gotta like that. WHat will be really telling about this team is if they go out and throttle Arizona. In years past, when they get a big win and play a weak opponent the week after, we always seem to find a way to tank. If they handle Arizona (and I expect Hightower to have a great payback game) then we might have reached a turning point with the team culture

Everything I read has neglected to mention Rak. I haven't rewatched the game for detail yet, but Rak played lights out in this one. One of Neild's sacks came off of Rak making a play and Neild cleaning up. He also blocked that field goal. He and Kerrigan played well.

Interesting...two completely different takes on Rak's game. He was definitely quiet outside of the blocked field goal, but I wasn't watching closely enough to see how his play effected others. I'd love to hear you two debate this more!

Interesting...two completely different takes on Rak's game. He was definitely quiet outside of the blocked field goal, but I wasn't watching closely enough to see how his play effected others. I'd love to hear you two debate this more!

It's not a debate.

Rak did not impress on the stat sheet. But, he pressured all game long and aided in a sack or two. That blocked FG was a huge moment as well.

Ryman said he expected Rak to be the lynchpin of the defense. To me, that means he wants him to be similar to Clay Matthews, and that comes with statistics and accolades. In that respect, Rak wasn't great. In the aspect of team football, Rak played quite well. It all depends on how you look at it.

Last edited:
Cheers:
Kerrigan - this kid is gonna be a superstar. He looked a little lost out there at times, but when they needed a big play, he stepped up and made it look easy. DTD in your debut, how awesome is that?!

Neild - another rookie with an awesome debut! 7th round pick with 2 sacks? AWESOME.

Rocky - huge tackle on 4th and 1, and played an all-around great game. Silenced a lot of his critics, me thinks.

London - they mentioned Orakpo is the "best" player on our defense; I don't know, Fletcher just does it all. Rak is definitely the future of this D, but London is the most irreplaceable, IMO.

Sexy Rexy - man, talk about good Rex! He made some throws that were unbelievable, and didn't make any dumb decisions IMO. Got away with a couple questionable throws, but for the most part put the ball where only his man could get it.

Rocca me baby - this kid can kick! Several fantastic punts.

Jeers:
Cofield - he improved in the second half (conditioning?) but he was being manhandled by Baas most of the day. Need better out of him.

Bowen - his sack was nice, but other than that it was not an impressive debut for #72. Arm tackle on Jacobs, was getting shoved around as well. Need to see more out of him.

The entire OL - It might not matter which Rex we have if he keeps getting pounded like that. People are singling out Chester and Williams - my goodness, the whole unit looked like a turnstyle in pass-pro. They need to get on this, RAPIDO.

Doughty - dude had a couple nice plays, but he really is not a starting safety in the NFL. Landry cannot return fast enough.

Gano - SO TIRED OF MISSED FIELD GOALS!!

Rak didn't get the sacks, but he got a lot of pressure on Manning. Good game for Rak overall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.