• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Different year, same ****?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

Yes, it's the first game

But.......................

So far..........Grossman :puke:

OLine :puke:

Secondary :puke:

Shouldn't you be out hittin the car with Turtle Wax.....

I'd say Grossman had a pretty darn nice half. Premature threading?

Sarge is about as accurate with his football as he is with his politics ;)

lol...next time Sarge maybe wait a few drives before posting. Rex is playing great.

If this is bad......I would give anything to see good.

Fortunately, I eat crow pretty well. I think I'll start a thread like this every week;)

lol...next time Sarge maybe wait a few drives before posting. Rex is playing great.

rex played well. but everything I pointed to as a liability with this guy was there to see:

- cannot handle pressure...will turn it over

- cannot throw a deep ball

- not very mobile...attacking defenses will eat his lunch

- continues to throw off his back foot....weak passes that are going to get picked off

- height causes problems under pressure

- caught him locking onto receivers a couple times

goods
- nice passes to the end zone

- recovered well after his 2nd half F up

- won the game

others
- continued to expose his receivers to injury with high throws

- several times I saw receivers had to slow/stop to catch his under thrown balls

he's ok for this offense...but will never ever lead this team through the playoffs. he has TOO MANY exploitable weaknesses. we will be drafting a franchise QB early next draft.

but on to more serious concerns: trent williams was having his arse kicked all day...what's with that? and the secondary? reid doughty?

And I will be glad to be the other negative guy - as long as this works in our favor.

rex played well. but everything I pointed to as a liability with this guy was there to see:

- cannot handle pressure...will turn it over

- cannot throw a deep ball

- not very mobile...attacking defenses will eat his lunch

- continues to throw off his back foot....weak passes that are going to get picked off

- height causes problems under pressure

- caught him locking onto receivers a couple times

goods
- nice passes to the end zone

- recovered well after his 2nd half F up

- won the game

others
- continued to expose his receivers to injury with high throws

- several times I saw receivers had to slow/stop to catch his under thrown balls

he's ok for this offense...but will never ever lead this team through the playoffs. he has TOO MANY exploitable weaknesses. we will be drafting a franchise QB early next draft.

Ahh, you're too hard on him. He made a couple of throws today that very few QBs can make. And yes, when we play Philly's secondary, he will have a tougher go of it. But most secondaries aren't that good, frankly. Rex did well with little help from the ground game in the second, and did a nice job leading the team. He hit different receivers, spread the ball around, and really missed only on the long balls, for the most part. I am very happy with Rex tonight and I have been a doubter.

but on to more serious concerns: trent williams was having his arse kicked all day...what's with that? and the secondary? reid doughty?

Reed needs to go, horrible performance today. Trent needs to step it up big time. His play was concerning in the preseason once or twice, and the trend is concerning to say the least. Starting to get worried, frankly.

Having said that, very encouraging today. Hard to argue against that. The Giants have owned us, and we took it to them. Kerrigan just doesn't stop, Bowen made some nice plays, and give some credit to Haslett for either sticking his foot up someone's ass or motivating the hell out of the entire defense. Or both. :)

once again...it looked like Rak was having the living bejeezus held on him...and no calls!!! what's with that?

Goal...I call em as I see em. And RG has a lot of exploitable weaknesses. he knows the system and can execute it...that is his great strength. imagine if we had a QB who had the whole package!

Well, you can hardly blame a guy for giving in to frustration.

After all, the season was already 2% over when he started this thread. :instigate: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.