• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WPC: Redskins impress in loss

Pappas

http://www.warpathconfidential.com/?p=828

Redskins impress in loss

By John Pappas
Warpath Confidential Editor

The Washington Redskins had their most impressive outing to date this preseason in the 27-24 loss to the New England Patriots.

The offense was effective, scoring 24 points and gaining 384 total net yards against the Patriots. They hung 268 yards passing on New England and another 116 on the ground, gaining 23 first downs, and winning the time of possession battle by 6 minutes.

The defense showed some dominance, stuffing New England at times, intercepting the Patriots twice, and forcing two fumbles, one of which Washington recovered. In between however, they gave up too many penalties and big plays.

Offensively, Jason Campbell looked solid, going 13-of-22 for 209 yards and a passer rating of 90.9. Campbell had three very good series in the first half, making big plays to put the team in scoring position.

“We tried to establish ourselves a little bit more in our passing game, trying to get some underneath throws and attack downfield,” said Campbell.

Campbell and the offense got going early, on their first series. Starting at the Washington 31, the team went 69 yards in 7 plays for a touchdown. A pass interference penalty on New England got the Redskins to the 1-yard line. Marcus Mason ran the ball in to get Washington on the board first.

Click the link to read the full article...

John - props on an outstanding article. You have really developed into the 'real deal' as a sportswriter my friend. I am absolutely enjoying your stuff these days :cheers:

Great summary of the game, although honestly, my eyes kept drifting from your concisely-written prose over to that Warpath Girl.

I gots issues.

Thanks for sharing - Warpath Confidential is looking great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.