• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Examiner: The Washington Capitals will win a Stanley Cup this season.

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date
Yeah, they left at least 3 goals on the ice today. It shouldn't have come down to a late rally to force OT. That game was ripe for the Caps to pick!

It will be one helluva test of character if they go into Boston and win it!

What happened to Ovechkin?

For a season or two, people thought he might as good as Crosby.

What happened to Ovechkin?

For a season or two, people thought he might as good as Crosby.

No, for awhile people thought Crosby might be as good as Ovechkin. There was legitimate debate about who the best in the world was.

To me, its apples and oranges. Crosby plays a more important position (as we have seen, unfortunately), but Ovechkin still influences what happens on the ice. His skill set is declining, just like anyone's does - however if he adapts to that and uses it to his advantage, I honestly believe he'll put up 100+ points several more times in his career. His shot totals have declined, mostly because defenders have figured him out. He needs to be sneaker about shot selection and how he gets the puck into the zone.

Crosby won a cup, this is true. However, he had a stellar supporting cast and a goalie standing on his head. Ovechkin's supporting cast has often "disappeared" in the playoffs, and goalie-play has always been a little sketchy in DC during the Ovi-era. And Ovechkin's best chances at a Cup were washed out by a terrible call in game 7 against the Candians, and a broken thumb to Backstrom.

Plus, Crosby is a whiner, and dives more than Greg Louganis. I'd take Ovi any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Backstrom will score the winning goal, but the Caps win 4-1.

If you want in on the contest, you gotta post it in the other thread. :)

Caps win it in OT. Couldn't watch - they've lost every game I watched and won every one I didn't. Gotta wonder if they've got anything left after the closest NHL playoff series in history. Or does this make them a more dangerous team? Hard to know.

Wearing my Caps jersey did it. Oh, and...

Told you so. :)

On to the next round.

Turning point of the game - LIKE A BOSS:

pev.gif

On closer inspection on the reverse angle, was that a hockey stick Peverley had?

1h40thw9k47.gif

Great win last night, with the Captain stepping up in the spotlight like he needed to. Absolutely beautiful tic-tac-toe passing on the first goal by Knuble; you won't see a prettier goal from an uglier guy! And Jason Chimera - love this guy's effort. One of the more underrated Caps players on the roster.

Highlights and recap: http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2011030212&navid=DL|NHL|home

Well, on to game four. Need that one and it can be done. Tough loss, but this is going to be a long series.

Such a deflating loss...not sure the Caps can bounce back from this one. Brouwer & Ovechkin both had the game put away, and both missed. Unbelievable.

The good news: Caps lost games 1 and 3 in the Bruins series - including one in double-OT. We'll see how mentally tough they are on Saturday.

I tried to take a shot of bourbon after the loss to make myself feel better, but Ryan Callahan blocked it.

(stolen from Twitter)

Young Guns scoring like its 2009! Ovechkin, Backstrom, & Game-Over Green with the GWG. This series has been dominated by the Caps so far, with Lundqvist doing an unbelievable job keeping the Rangers in the game. If not for Henrik, this series would be over. As it is, it should be 3-1 Caps, if not for Brouwer & Ovechkin missing game winners Wednesday night.

On to game six. If we lose this series, then the end of regulation in this game did it. But the next game is at home - we can win it. Then it would be all out there for game seven. We can do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.