• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Picking Grossman sends the right message

ok.....we can disagree. the Skins looked organized and disciplined...a good thing. extrapolating beyond that from that game is a path I won't walk. 100 degrees out from the effort one would see were the teams to play tonight.

the take-away for me was precisely the discipline. the Skins didn't self-destruct with idiot penalties, dropped passes (ok...excepting Hankerson), etc., that have characterized the team for years. but this was accomplished in an environment where the opposition didn't make much effort to exploit our weaknesses. we ran a a vanilla offense and ran it well. it was a good game to watch and established that the Skins have become more professional. but it does not establish any sort of longer term viability. that can only come during the regular season.

let's see if RG can march 80 yards down the field with two minutes on the clock, behind by 4, before getting too giddy.

I 90% agree with you Fan. We looked good. Why we looked good and will we look good is a different question, but the execution and discipline makes me at least hopeful. We've looked clumsy as heck in recent years. This entire preseason was worlds improved on that scale.

I 90% agree with you Fan. We looked good. Why we looked good and will we look good is a different question, but the execution and discipline makes me at least hopeful. We've looked clumsy as heck in recent years. This entire preseason was worlds improved on that scale.

cyber high five!

maybe we should keep all our draft picks every year!!!!!
That, too. But I enjoyed the whirlwind free agency period. Pure entertainment.

In some ways I think a shorter preparation period focused (at least some) teams in a way that the traditional offseason can't. When you have less time to work with, you focus on what's truly important. Kind of like being in a crisis where the options get pared down so making a choice becomes easier. We'll see if this focus carries over to the regular season.

historical reconstructionism. Beck played even with Butterball through the tough games (i.e., the games against good teams and with a motivated offense) and was actually outperforming RG statistically. they were rated pretty much evenly going into that last preseason game. he blew it in game four. ergo Sexy Rex.

Considering that Beck only played against one team with a "motivated offense," you cannot argue that Beck played even with Grossman. Beck looked good against the Colts and against the Raven's second string team. He did not play well in the final preseason game. Grossman, however looked good against the starters of Pittsburgh and Baltimore and clearly beat Beck in an open competition.

So far, I'm liking the message very much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.