• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Press Release: Redskins Sign 7 to Practice Squad

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release
Sept. 5, 2011

REDSKINS SIGN SEVEN TO PRACTICE SQUAD

ASHBURN, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed the following players to their practice squad:

DL Chris Baker
QB Jonathan Crompton
G Maurice Hurt
CB Nate Ness
G Eric Olsen
WR Aldrick Robinson
RB Evan Royster
DE Doug Worthington

Baker was signed by the Denver Broncos as a college free agent in 2009, and later appeared in one game with the Broncos and one game with the Miami Dolphins. Crompton was drafted by the San Diego Chargers in the fifth round (168th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft and spent the 2010 season on the practice squads of the Chargers and the New England Patriots. Ness was signed by the Cleveland Browns as a college free agent in 2009 and has spent time on numerous NFL rosters, appearing in games for the Seattle Seahawks and Dolphins. Olsen was drafted by the Broncos in the fifth round (183rd overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft and appeared in one game with the Broncos last season.

Hurt, Robinson, Royster and Worthington all spent the preseason with the Redskins.

(Courtesy of the Washington Redskins)

As a pure practice squader I don't mind the Robinson move... mind you, I was hoping for a few more 300 lbers myself.

Shanahan up to his old tricks. Eric Olsen, former Broncos #6 round pick, who at OG goes 6'3 and 300 :)

Gotta love him. Shanahan is going to find his 295-300 pound 'muse' on the offensive line one way or the other.

So between the PS and active roster, did we actually keep every single one of our draft picks ?

Looks like we did. I'm just not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

Well it's certainly a refreshing change of our previous philosophy of pursuing over-paid, over-ego, over-the-hill, over-rated players
Well, you won't get any argument from me. The thing that is most impressive, I think, is that we have 9 new players on the team that were all draft picks by us in one year. That's 9, not including the other three on the practice squad. Before Shanahan got here, how many draft picks did we have on the 2009 roster that were drafted by us in the previous three years?

Well, you won't get any argument from me. The thing that is most impressive, I think, is that we have 9 new players on the team that were all draft picks by us in one year. That's 9, not including the other three on the practice squad. Before Shanahan got here, how many draft picks did we have on the 2009 roster that were drafted by us in the previous three years?

Shoot, we rarely had even close to 9 picks to START WITH in each April draft, the way we'd trade them away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.