• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

DOes Anyone Know Of Any Places Or Programs For Free Or Really Cheap Instruments?

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
I have Irish roots, and I have always loved Irish music. I have always been an artistic person, whether it was drawing, singing, designing houses, building, etc. I have become bored with a lot of things, and stressed out a lot lately, and I need a release that doesn't involve going back to drinking or drugs to fill my time. Music has always been a passion of mine in all of its forms, and I would love to have the chance to make my own music.

I have always wanted to play the Mandolin, but the problem has always been acquiring one, which is a pretty big hurdle. I'm still not working, so I still have no money to buy one, and the ones I have seen are pretty far out of being in my price range any time in the near future.

I can't seem to find anything on google to help me out, and I'm not entirely sure such a thing as free or cheap instruments even exists. I do know that a lot of you here are very smart, and I have learned in the short time I've been here that a lot of you know a lot about things I had never heard about, so I figured it was worth a shot.

I've tried craigslist, but it's useless for instruments. I have tried yard sales as well with no luck. If anyone could point me in the right direction if such a thing exists, it would be greatly appreciated.

Try the local pawn shops. Many have web sites from what I'm told. Have you thought about renting before you take the plunge. Many places rent instruments because it's hard for parents to buy instruments for their kid in school bands. I've bought cars for less then a french horn goes for. That how we started until our daughter was playing for almost two years.

Try the local pawn shops. Many have web sites from what I'm told. Have you thought about renting before you take the plunge. Many places rent instruments because it's hard for parents to buy instruments for their kid in school bands. I've bought cars for less then a french horn goes for. That how we started until our daughter was playing for almost two years.
That's definitely worth checking into, especially with the insane amount of pawn stores we have around here. I did not know about the renting, that is an awesome option, and definitely worth doing. THe only problem with that route, is I'm one of those stubborn a-holes that refuses to give up something when I get started until I get as good as I possibly can, so I'd be a permanent renter and spend more in the long run lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.