• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 53 - and cuts

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
OL Willie Smith is one of the 53.
Brandon Banks will be one of the 53.
DL Jeff Stehle is released.
Clint Oldenburg is released.
HB Blades - released.

Anderson Russell is released.
Davonte Shannon is released.
Chris Horton is released.

Horton looks to be gone.

ThePredator48Chris Horton
Thanks bruh RT @doughty37: @ThePredator48 a great friend and player. Hard working and intelligent. Will be missed. Good luck bro

RickMaeseRick Maese
RT @Russellmania980 #Redskins have also officially released OL Donovan Raiola

Rich_CampbellRich Campbell

by john_keim
A prospect who appeared to take a step back in Year Two. RT @RavensInsider: The Redskins have cut OT Selvish Capers.

Aldrick Robinson is released.
Maurice Hurt - released.
Donovan Raiola - released.

Updated list by Tandler:

S Davonte Shannon
WR Aldrick Robinson
S Chris Horton--It seems safe to list him here as his latest tweet on @ThePredator48 reads, "Thank you #RedskinNation for all that you have given me in my 3 yrs here. My time is up here but #DMV will always have a place in my heart."
OLB Thadeus Gibson
S Anderson Russell
OL Clint Oldenburg
G Maurice Hurt
LB Horation Blades
DL Jeff Stehle
QB's Kellen Clemens and Matt Gutierrez--According to a report, the Redskins will keep two quarterbacks. Of course, those would be John Beck and Rex Grossman, leaving Clemens and Gutierrez on the outside looking in.
OL Donovan Raiola
OT Selvish Capers

Of course, guys have to be released and clear waivers before being signed to the PS so some of these guys could be back in a PS role, like Hurt and Capers.

Thaddeus Gibson is released.

I will wait until it is certain to post it.

Of course, guys have to be released and clear waivers before being signed to the PS so some of these guys could be back in a PS role, like Hurt and Capers.
Given the state of our OL and lack of depth, cutting guys like this makes me a little nervous.

Given the state of our OL and lack of depth, cutting guys like this makes me a little nervous.

Like I said in the predict the 53 thread - we could get one or two players that are released from other teams. I had two on OL.

Rich_TandlerRich Tandler
With Locklear and Willie Smith on the roster, looks like the #Redskins don't think that Artis Hicks can play as a backup tackle any more.

Didn't have Hicks on the 53 prediction roster as well - nothing official about him though - yet.

john_keimJohn Keim
Hearing that Mike Sellers will not be cut. Guess we have to wait and see. #Redskins

Tony Curtis is released. Really liked him in The Great Race and Spartacus.

Last edited:
kjohnsoncsnKelli Johnson
Skins Team source tells me that WR Dante Stallworth has made the team. Done alot on special teams this preseason, that's helped his cause

kjohnsoncsnKelli Johnson
Skins Team source tells me that WR Dante Stallworth has made the team. Done alot on special teams this preseason, that's helped his cause
Damn!

This is not good for Austin and/or Paul. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.