• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Starters to Face Bucs "B" Team

Yep, looks like we are going to see what Fred Davis has to offer just in time to determine if he warrants a second contract with the team.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Ball security is the one thing that makes me a little gunshy with him.

Well, yeah. :)

Kinda wish the Bucs were approaching this more like a dress rehearsal than a chance to rest starters and look strictly at backups. With the NY Giants on tap next week, I wouldn't have minded seeing us tested with #1's from another playoff-hopeful again.

As it is, we're going to expect to see our #1s mop up. If the first 3 weeks have been any indication our first team should be competitive with just about anybody. Logical extention is they should have their way against #2s. Fairly or not, anything less will leave us disappointed.

Preseason. Boo.

bet Shanny doesn't care. on offense he's just watching to see if players are recognizing defenses and making correct decisions. he'll yank the starters pretty quickly I bet.

there is another way of looking at this. we had a 14 point lead last week. we eventually lost that game in the second half. how good is our depth?

we lost the 14 pt lead in the first half and scored again to go up by 7 at half. they kept their starters in first drive of the 3rd against our 2nd string.

the point still stands......the second teamers lost the game. anywho.....I...anyway....see this game for what it is....finding out about depth....and not what the first teamers can do.

they won on a last minute TD in the 4th. im pretty sure it was the 3rd and 4th stringers. I get what you're saying but most of the guys that were in that game in the end arent going to end up on the squad anyways.

fair enough. anyone have an idea on who will start in Landry's place come 9/11?

As it stands right now, I'm guessing Reed. With LL hopefully available on a limited basis for specific packages.

Reed's been solid enough in preseason, but against the Giants, and a targeted gameplan, I suspect we'll get from him what we always do...a guy just half a step slow, just a couple inches short on his vertical, on 1-2 crucial plays a game. Just good enough to break your heart.

Doughty along with McIntosh have had some pretty noticeable miscues in the preseason. Reed comes up to force but lacks the lateral quickness to recover even a step after committing. McIntosh was simply knocked on his can in the running game period. He just doesn't have the size or strength to play in the 3-4.

Doughty along with McIntosh have had some pretty noticeable miscues in the preseason. Reed comes up to force but lacks the lateral quickness to recover even a step after committing. McIntosh was simply knocked on his can in the running game period. He just doesn't have the size or strength to play in the 3-4.

I don't know how Doughty does it. I'm positive if we released him nobody would pick him up. As far McIntosh goes, i agree, i would like to see L Alexander get more time at that spot, especially since he lost that weight. He has good hips for a big guy and played well for us last year till he got hurt.

Well hell, nothing. It's worked every game this year so far. :cry:

Any other suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.