• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game thread: Skins/pats

Me too.

What did I miss this week btw? Why does Brennan get the whole 2nd half? Is the answer as obvious as what I'm guessing? He's on the cusp and tonight was his chance to prove he deserves the #3 spot over Daniels?

If that's the case, he's now #4 on the depth chart.

You can't tell me the Pats aren't the luckiest effing team ever.

They must have pictures of Jesus doing something unsavory :(

Night yall.

Been a really hard day.

I hope yall have a great weekend.

Hug your kids.

You do have to admit, tho' this is the best fight the Skins have given the Pats in their last three meetings-and I did see a much better team than was out there the second half of last season.

Night B. And I always do :)

Can somebody please tell me what happened on the 2nd to last play of the game just before the field goal to win it. I was sitting about 6 rows back and it clearly looked like the Redskins recovered a fumble. Of course live action is extremely fast but I could have sworn I saw the ball hit the ground before the runner's knee did.

It looked like it was a close enough call that would have warranted at least a review, but no review was given. I saw one replay on the "little" big screen in the stadium, but it was one angle.'

Can someone tell me if it wasn't a fumble, was it at least something that should have been reviewed?

Fun is:

Coming home, having watched the game at work, and reading the entire game thread.

Thanks, guys!! :)

Can somebody please tell me what happened on the 2nd to last play of the game just before the field goal to win it. I was sitting about 6 rows back and it clearly looked like the Redskins recovered a fumble. Of course live action is extremely fast but I could have sworn I saw the ball hit the ground before the runner's knee did.

It looked like it was a close enough call that would have warranted at least a review, but no review was given. I saw one replay on the "little" big screen in the stadium, but it was one angle.'

Can someone tell me if it wasn't a fumble, was it at least something that should have been reviewed?
It was definitely a fumble ... what you couldn't hear apparently was the whistle the ref blew about a second before the snap giving Belichick the time out he'd been trying to call. It was close, but legit.

running game...marcus mason? portis either called to be out of it or mason was just trying his ass off to make the roster because one was there and the other wasnt. portis wasnt even the back in the 1st when we rushed for a TD..odd. hope that was just choice and not cuz he hobbled off.
For what it’s worth, Portis told Kelli Johnson of Comcast Sports Net after the game that his rib(s) and knee were bruised on the first play but that the x-rays were negative. I haven’t seen the injuries show up in any news or injury reports so who knows how true his statement is. For everyone’s sake, I hope that Portis was just dogging it so that he didn’t have to play any more than was asked of him.

I agree that Mason impressed. I love the kid but wonder if there’s room on the roster for him.

Interesting game. Overall, I'd say we looked pretty good. Campbell looked better, seemed to find rhythm on occasion. Pleasantly surprised with the o-line as well. To be great, however, we need to cut down on penalties, catch passes, and hit receivers who are wide open 40 yards down field.

Agree with ya, Boone. I think Colt got extra reps to keep his job. Not sure how well he did.

Can't wait to see the pressure this defense is capable of bringing once the training wheels are off.

Devin Thomas is returning kicks because he is falling behind both Malcolm Kelly and Marko Mitchell as a wide receiver.

Right now Mitchell looks like the second round pick.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Hall was eaten alive last night. Yeah it was Moss from Brady but still..he wasnt in the right position on that TD and he was getting beaten a lot.

Interesting. Hall had a bad night to be sure but I did think he had the correct position on the TD throw.

Hall was right on top of him and Moss/Brady made a great play. Where should Hall have been on that play? I don't know of to many corners that would have stopped that......(but I could be wrong here).

I have been watching it all pre-season and I just can't help but think Marcus Mason is going to be caught up in a numbers crunch once again. I hope this kid is on the 53 man roster at the beginning of the season. I just have the feeling it is him or Marko Mitchell.

I watched him on TV, he looked great. Now after watching him live, I have to say at this point he looks like a better RB than Ladell Betts did all of last year and in this pre-season. And he is a lot quicker to the hole than I saw on TV.

This kid is a good running back and if he were given the same chance Betts was when CP went down, I bet he could run for 1200 yards as well.

He kind of reminds me of the old Giants RB Joe Morris.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.