• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The real question about Beck vs Grossman

maybe.

go back and relook some of those passes. say the TD pass to Moss...for example. one can argue who messed up in the sense of knowing where the ball should go...but Moss clearly had to reverse which shoulder he turned to in order to catch that pass. I have seen more than a few Grossman passes during preseason that were either behind the receiver just a tad or thrown over the wrong shoulder. he has not been as accurate as some assert.

You're just seeing what you want to see Al. Sorry - but you don't like Grossman and nothing he can do is going to change it. He's at worst played Beck evenly, and I think a lot of folk would say he's outshone him. Apparently, even the coaches believe that. It's no big deal - everyone has a right to their opinion, I'll just confess it drives me crazy you can't acknowledge he's played pretty well, when he clearly has played pretty well.

Last edited:
again, Gotta go with Boone, I usually find myself agreeing with FS but on this, so far Grossman has had by far more WOW plays, Beck has been very steady and has better overall stats but all in all Grossman has shown more big play ability. I still think Beck wins the battle.

You're just seeing what you want to see Al. Sorry - but you don't like Grossman and nothing he can do is going to change it. He's at worst played Beck evenly, and I think a lot of folk would say he's outshone him. Apparently, even the coaches believe that. It's no big deal - everyone has a right to their opinion, I'll just confess it drives me crazy you can't acknowledge he's played pretty well, when he clearly has played pretty well.

and I would argue you suffer from your own biases. I have watched the games...sometimes multiple times.

1) his numbers haven't been that great..especially TD passes.

2) he has been off in many passes

3) he hasn't shown ANYTHING (any more than Beck) in the deep game...though every one keeps asserting that's his strength (see my reference to a Jaworski comment to just the opposite in another thread)

4) he throws off his back foot a lot

5) he makes bad decisions under pressure

It's not that RG flat out sucks....it's that I don't see anything special in him (contrary to some around here). and in that case.....my preference is to see what the unknown can do. it won't make all that much difference...and that's the point. aint no way RG is with this team in two years. he'll be lucky if he hangs next season.

if we are going to talk accountability......RG was 1-2 at the end of last season. big whup.

there are plenty of QBs who didnt get a sniff in the league from anyone but turned in to great, even super bowl winning QBs who have gotten a second chance and turned it around.

not as many as failed!

I get your mindset. I just have a real hard time crossing that bridge. Butterball just doesn't fit the mold I have for a QB.

You weren't a Stan Humphries guy, huh. ;)

Sad to hear that, Mike. I was really high on Stan when he was here. I remember thinking he had "it" ... and only needed time for that to show through.

Was bummed when he left, felt a little vindicated when he had such that great run in SD ... but ultimately feel he was a classic example of a "what if..." guy. As in, "what if" the stars had aligned for him here in DC and he could have rocked behind, say, the Hogs circa 1991.

Cheers, Stan.

As a fan, I choose Grossman. Seems to me he has the steadier outlook. That could yield a higher chance of winning from the git-go.

But as a Coarch, I think I'd tip to Beck until we see what he can do over a season or so. We really don't have much to loose here...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.