• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Not to be negative but...

I want to stay healthy first and foremost. After that, I want to be competitive.

As far as Atogwe is concerned, Shanahan is known for taking a "better safe than sorry" approach with veterans. I don't think he'd risk Atogwe's health if he didn't think the guy was healthy.

Atogwe's hamstring tightened up in the 2nd quarter; hope it doesn't delay his recovery.

He still needed to play, LL. :cool:

I disagree - better for him to learn on the fly in the regular season, 100% healthy. Now his regular season debut may be pushed back even further, and he'll be even more behind.

He wouldn't have been on the field last night if the docs didn't clear him. Now he's played AND has 2 weeks before the season to rest the damn thing again if necessary.

Don't understand the coddling thing, brother. Why would Atogwe be any different from any other player---particuarly a new one at a key position---who is medically cleared to play? Should Beck not have played because he might get hurt? Hightower? Jenkins?

Its not coddling - he had two weeks to recover from the first hamstring injury, and regressed a bit. I'm not sure if you've ever pulled a hamstring, but its a painful, very limiting injury. I had a minor pull in my first rugby season, and it sidelined me for a week. Couldn't push off the leg to save my life!

I guess my point is, I'd rather be safe than sorry. So yes, if Hightower & Jenkins were hurt, they shouldn't have played in a meaningless preseason game. QB it gets a little dicier - the most important position on the field needs to be in there, so I don't really know what to say about that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.