• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

3 Bold Predictions

My bold predictions:

1. Washington will score more points than at least one other NFC East team this year.

2. Terrence Austin will end the season as a major contributor at wide receiver, moving past Armstrong as the #3 and setting himself up to be a candidate for #2 in 2012.

3. Brian Orakpo will lead the conference in sacks now that he is no longer the only threat on defense.

4. Rocky McIntosh will be supplanted at ILB at some point of the 2011 season by Fox or Riley. He is the weak spot in the front seven right now.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I so agree w/bullet 4. I have yet to see Rocky execute a great blitz. his coverage in space has gotten better...but enough?

So how did each of you do with your '3 Bold Predictions'. I was close on Laron Landry not playing a down. Otherwise, meh....

I was scary close on my first bold prediction, but way off on the others. Gano hit a 59 yarder, then missed an XP three weeks later....

1. Graham Gano shocks everyone when he converts a 60 yard field goal, but misses an extra point in the same game.

2. Roy Helu finishes the season with over 1,200 yards rushing and 15 TD.

3. Donte Stallworth finally has his breakout season in the NFL, breaking Art Monk's team record by hauling in 107 receptions.

Crazy for anyone to even be that close on 1, since they are supposed to be outlandish predictions.

Anyone want to start a bold predictions 2012 edition?

The team will keep two quarterbacks on the active roster - Rex and Beck.

Chris Cooley, Brandon Banks, Ryan Torain, and LaRon Landry will be placed on IR just prior to final roster cuts.

Graham Gano will have a pro bowl season.

No. 1 was accurate.

No. 2 was pretty dang good.

No. 3 would've happened with better blocking - Gano had a great season.

Overall, not too shabby.

I was far too homeriffic. Oh well; I'll try to temper them a bit this season. :)

And hopefully this time around, a few more of you look up the definition of the word "bold" in the dictionary. :D

1. NFL Defensive MVP ~ London Fletcher

2. AFC Championship Game MVP ~ Mark Brunell

3. Super Bowl MVP ~ Santana Moss

Bold, the man said.
Man! I was perfect!!!

Wait. This was for Madden 2012, right?

I was far too homeriffic. Oh well; I'll try to temper them a bit this season. :)

And hopefully this time around, a few more of you look up the definition of the word "bold" in the dictionary. :D

Contradictory post Lanky. Homerific = Bold. There shouldn't be any 'tempering' :)

1. Kerrigan has more sacks that Green Bay's Matthews and is named Rookie Defensive Player of the Year.

Kerrigan had 1.5 sacks more than Matthews but was not Rookie Defensive Player of the Year.

2. The Defense has triple the number of takeways it did a year ago and scores at least 2 TD's on it's own.

Yeah well...

3. Four players on offense finish the year with 50 or more receptions.

I got close with this one. Davis and Jaffney were over 50 while Helu had 49 and Moss 46.

All in all maybe my three predictions were not so bold?

The Redskins will be among the top teams in the league with a team total of 40+ sacks.

The Redskins tied with the Broncos, Lions, and Dolphins for the 6th highest number of regular season sacks with 41.

Check.

The Redskins sweep the Giants and finish second in NFCE. They also win a Monday night game against the Cowboys and split with the Eagles.

Sweeping the Giants-check.

The rest...well...:beadyeyes:

The Redskins rank in the top 8 in rushing with a team total over 2,000 yards.

25th with 1,614 yards. Bleh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.