• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

HDHD- How Did Hankerson Do?

Chris

Ring of Fame
BGO Ownership Group
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
I missed the second half of last nights game. After Leonard's inauspicious beginning last week, how did he do in game two?

More Picasso or more Rod Gardner?

He did OK, better than last week, made a really nice catch across the middle with his hands, nice pivot turn up field for a few extra yards. But he also had two more drops (IIRC). I don't see any way he gets cut, frankly. I was really taken aback at how big he is. Remember when we had Mix a few years back and all the fans got a hardon for him because he was big? Hank just seems bigger to me. And a better route runner already.

He looked impressive out there against the smaller DBs, was able to use his body to shield them off the pass a couple of times which is what you want from a big WR.

Gotta cut down on those drops though.

He had one drop and three catches. What he seems to do well is get open and get his qbs attention.

He did alright. I think if they linieup all three QB's every day and have them fire ball after ball after ball at him,for about three days, it'll cut his drops. He had an easy one right in his hands and dropped it

He is progressing in the right direction. If we go with five receivers (instead of six), then he makes it over Stallworth - unless the coaches decide to keep Banks or some other player.

One thing is certain, he will make us forget the name "Malcolm Kelly" quickly. Based on last night, he could be on pace for thirty to forty catches this season -excellent production for a rookie third round WR pick.

The one drop was brutal. If he was a 7th round pick I don't know if he'd have gotten back on the field after that. Fortunately he did and he played pretty well after that, but those I'm-wide-open-for-a-first-down-and-the-ball-hits-me-right-in-the-hands drops have to stop.

Hank had concentration issues at UM that were greatly improved after working with Mark Duper. He should revisit those drills.

I think he'll make the team based on his physical stature and potential. We can't afford for that pick to have been a wasted one. Plus - the Shanahans will believe (hopefully rightfully so) that they can coach him up.

I don't see any way he gets cut, frankly. I was really taken aback at how big he is. Remember when we had Mix a few years back and all the fans got a hardon for him because he was big?

The Mix comparison does not support your argument.

Did Mix even make the team or have any impact on anything ?

Just because fans had a hardon for him, doesn't mean he was a success in DC

The Mix comparison does not support your argument.

Did Mix even make the team or have any impact on anything ?

Just because fans had a hardon for him, doesn't mean he was a success in DC

Sorry, I didnt explain myself well. I always laughed about Mix because he was tall and that's about it. Very, very raw project who had height. And true, you can't teach height, but you need something aside from that to play well.

Hank has other skills. He catches the ball the right way, for instance. I know that may seem like a contradiction given his drops, but if you watch him, he is reaching out for the ball with his hands, which is what you want your WR to do. His routes are a little sloppy, but he can fix that with time. He is terrific at using his body to shield defenders away from the ball, which is a big plus.

IMO, he makes the team because he is NOT just tall, like Mix was. He has other complimentary skills that should enable him to be a good WR for a while. It looked to me last night and last week that his drops were lapses in concentration, as he was already clearly turning upfield in one case. That's worrisome, but correctable.

I just watched the second half of Friday's game today and I am still not impressed. He had a couple of nice catches, but one crucial drop leaving us with 3rd and long that saw Rex get sacked. Also, his blocking on the edge was kinda lackluster.

Ask Serv where the best place is to get stickum...

:paranoid:

Available in spray, powder, or paste. :rolleyes:

JYNWH8yj6Y-6feIMJEwarKMGIKfoJsolsJR8q8jbO4_Sh9U3mDl7i2h9ctpYfQoGfLx_oS_-J9trb0NV68I06N-WottS-wu1bdIobkXQ2gloizi0_mscCEqeglOTKkdlwnpRMp5r4Q12Bf6CRXeLSgof83k=s90-c

31kkVjY9eSrgF8pl0L-CQqnurrNdw47__dcNGRUI_SWEyc7ANnXX-Zv1hG3gaIJWfarPX39ygWPV8GhJc3v3ogZe7kmUOqnWxlJ0fEXi5mBHs2kouTiabTWEc7GzmkB-0dBXdD0W93RE9xFhMkL7a4i4IWBZNHNLmhqCMndMyVL6jxgvtjTVuk_kr4VbTCIjFg3wMCDUgg2vegxafUNhIg=s90-c

E1crQ2AXPETraqAkoz9lZspI2QSQ7HMwhNTqSrCspTryLC5ohiPv5o2nWo5LiQEAjgigRh2fPJVkN8OHDuMi58OQLYhmn_AF-kYX4EpHXBwI_PwZp8BKvENy0Vqa_xQqwpi5vrczRmSrSzny2hg5gEZdYSMLPanCEMnLXfHQCOYjcgOz4jV7JGd1mH44BQ_0uln8JQ=s90-c

http://www.google.com/search?q=stickum&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=713&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=oYdRTs7hOsrt0gGX_qSRBw&sqi=2&ved=0CCUQrQQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.