• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RB Thread

I dunno Lanky. Royster looked impressive against the Steelers. I grant you that I think Torain is the better back and may be the better pick long term even when potential is factored in, but his injury history is concerning. The dude just can not stay on the field. If the Shanahans think Torain is a significant upgrade over Royster, even with potential factored in, then they will choose Torain. If they think Royster could, in a year or two, develop into a solid, hard runner like Torain, not sure why they wouldn't choose Royster.

Royster won't get any faster. Shanahan finds guys like Royster in the produce section of the grocery store. :)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Let's not kid ourselves, Torain is a between the tackles runner with little breakaway speed so in that regard he and Royster are are not that different.

But Royster is 3 years younger and cheaper against the cap.

Torain is faster football-speed wise from what I've seen. Not to mention, he has tackle-breaking/beastmode ability.

Things are fluid. Torain got the job last year by default. Johnson was cut, Portis got hurt and Williams was an undrafted rookie free agent.

This year there is competition. With Hightower, Helu, Royster, etc on the roster Ryan could be #1 but he could also end up as the #3.

What I am saying is that Torain's pedigree is not strong enough to just gift him a contributing role in the backfield and discount the new players the team has acquired.

A lot better set up than Trung Canidate and Rock Cartwright in 2003? :)

Royster might have a concussion - what then? IR?

I am not sure what to do with Royster, the fumble didn't help but he is a solid RB. It didn't really matter what he did tonight Torain played well enough to get the nod over him. Let's hope Torain stays healthy.

Hightower, Torain, Helu. Not sure why Royster didn't get more time this pre-season, but he looks solid enough for the practice squad. If he doesn't get picked up and Torain goes down, I feel comfortable bringing him in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.