• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Tough Morning

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
Well. Getting a bit dusty. Outside. At the bus stop. Dropping our youngest off for her first day of Kindergarten. Yes. Well. Ahem.

Got a little dusty last year when I dropped my son off, but I can tell this is gonna be different.

Part of being a parent. It's especially fun when they cling to you like you're taking them to the death chamber. My son did that many years ago. Now my daughter on the other hand ran into the class and could have cared less if we were there or not

Wait a few more years when they leave for collage. Sarge Jr is off next week which is leaving me with a moody wife and a daughter that doesn't quite understand why Bubby won't be around as much anymore

Have fun!

I've been there and don't that, except next week is a new challenge.

Next week we take my son to Radford. He is transferring there and somehow the school put him in an apartment. The way my wife is stressing you would think the boy is moving
to the other side of the world...not other side of the state.

She wants to go up night before and stay, then stay next night as well to make sure he has everything he needs. I made the mistake of saying all he needs is a change of underwear and plenty of condoms. Don't why I said this, but I did and got the "look".

My son and I are close, so the ride home should be interesting.

Remember putting each of my three on the bus to K ... like yesterday.

Remember taking my firstborn off to college, seemingly a blink of an eye later, and having to literally tear myself away from her in the dorm.

Remember dropping off my son at college two years later and feeling ... numb.

Watching my youngest ready to start junior year in HS and knowing those two remaining years will be over in no time at all.

It's a blur. An unimaginably rich, wonderful, terrifying, ennobling and ultimately HUMAN experience that I would trade for ... nothing.

Childhood's end indeed.

Happily, the universe saw fit to allow our children to become adults as well. What they don't tell you in Parent School is that they never, ever, stop being your kids. Your relationship with them just evolves.

If you're lucky, and you've laid the foundation, you'll discover that the parent/adult-child relationship can be every bit as rich, wonderful, terrifying, ennobling, etc., as the childhood stage. Not more, not less...just different.

But that's a story for another thread.

I feel y'all. Can't say I'm there yet - we're just starting to look at daycare for our oldest. We're late gamers.

Daycare can be upsetting, too. Especially when they don't want to come home or ask why Dad didn't pick them up instead.
Goaldeje- some of the children look like you- stop whining, at least 2 of them are yours.

Take my one and only off to his freshman year of college on Wednesday. Man, I'm gonna miss him.

Stop it Mike, don't encourage her! Been trying to train her to get me beer, not talk back.

Not working well so far.

Tomorrow (Tu, 8/23), I take my second grader to the bus stop for the first day of school this year. On Saturday, I take my oldest to Boston to join his Junior Hockey Team. Gonna be a rough couple of weeks on the home-front. Nice to be able to come here for the nice camaraderie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.