• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Redskins cut Shayne Graham; Graham Gano wins kicking competition

BGO

The Redskins attempted five field goals in their preseason opener against the Steelers. Graham Gano went 3-for-3. Shayne Graham went 0-for-2. And with that, the Redskins’ kicking competition is over. Shayne Graham has been released, Adam Caplan is reporting. Graham missed wide left from 29 yards and wide right from 49 yards against the Steelers,…
b.gif

More...

Can't say this is surprising. I'd question doing it after one awful game (as all kickers will have one occasionally). Have to think they've had enough concern watching him in camp that the pre-season opener just cemented it.

I'm not sure the kicking competition is 'over'. We may see another kicker brought in to challenge Gano yet.

So much for that Graham. I think Graham (the Gano one) will have a good year. Bring in Charley Gogolak for the fun of it. :)

I'm not sure I have a massive amount of confidence in Gano. But that's better than the zero confidence I would have had in Graham.

And Boone, I'd like to see one more guy brought in and given a shot too. If Gano wins that, then I think we'll be in good shape.

keep bringing in NTs!!!!! I like cofield...but he has even more value at the edge.

Graham never looked like an NFL kicker for the Redskins, from the time he came in during camp. It's really a mystery how a guy that kicked under pressure in the playoffs in January couldn't come in here and give a decent representation of himself. No hint of injury, just a shrug after the Steelers game that his time here may be limited.

Strange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.