• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

OF: 2011 Redskins: Preseason Eve

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
And just like that, the endless offseason ... does.

It is never hard to do the traditional "Preseason Game One" scene-setter post. This year it's even easier than usual.

● It's hard to imagine ever completely losing the childlike expectation and anticipation that comes with the preseason opener. When the Washington Redskins take to the field tomorrow night to meet the Pittsburgh Steelers, it will have been 223 days since we last saw our team storm the field. That moment alone is worth tuning in for. The emerald gridiron, the thunderous crowd, the thudding flash and smoke of fireworks, the leaping, woofing warriors in full battle gear ...

If none of that gets you amped after nearly eight months of enforced abstinence, I daresay your inner child needs a hug...

More...

Last edited:
Nice job, Mark!! Nice to see you back in the house!

Yeah, my blood is starting to percolate in anticipation.....can't wait. Once again, I have no flipping idea what this team's gonna look like this season. Honestly, it could go either way. I'll be patient, knowing it's a "rebuilding year", but I have to admit out loud that it'd sure be sweet to see them surprise us all and play well.

Speaking of.....does anybody have any idea how a guy living outside the DC area can see the game without going to a bar? Used to be able to see it online...just not sure how to do that anymore. Hate that Directv only does the regular season games....

Anyway, here's to 2011!!

The game will be rebroadcast on NFL Network on Saturday @ 4PM.

NFL Football tonight!!! Redskins tomorrow!!!

Funny, I was just plain excited about it when I typed that. I read it back, saw it in a different light, and said out loud, "Crap, that might be true again this year".

Enough of that. I'm going to go read Mark's piece again and get back to the excitement of a new season. I can't wait to see how the new players fit in and impact the team on the field!

Thanks Mark! Go Skins!!!

Speaking of.....does anybody have any idea how a guy living outside the DC area can see the game without going to a bar? Used to be able to see it online...just not sure how to do that anymore. Hate that Directv only does the regular season games....

Anyway, here's to 2011!!

Try http://atdhenet.tv/index.html or JustinTV.com

or you can pay $19.99 to NFL.com and watch all preseason games via their website.

oh, and great blog! I've got goosbumps!

I bit the bullet on the nfl.com thing...I can't get Directv due to treelines, so I'm hoping they offer 'Sunday Ticket Online' again so I can pay to see all the games on my laptop. Otherwise, I'm in trouble ...

I bit the bullet on the nfl.com thing...I can't get Directv due to treelines, so I'm hoping they offer 'Sunday Ticket Online' again so I can pay to see all the games on my laptop. Otherwise, I'm in trouble ...

I am sure you could find a friend in the area to hook up to one of these:

http://www.bgobsession.com/showthread.php?t=33371

I am looking forward to the Live Chat with you guys!

I am sure you could find a friend in the area to hook up to one of these:

http://www.bgobsession.com/showthread.php?t=33371

I am looking forward to the Live Chat with you guys!

Seems like a lot to ask of someone. I'd probably pay for the Sunday Ticket subscription if someone wanted to hook me up :) Could be a long term win-win relationship.

Think I'll invite everyone to the new chatroom tomorrow evening and see if the software can handle a crowd....

Seems like a lot to ask of someone. I'd probably pay for the Sunday Ticket subscription if someone wanted to hook me up :) Could be a long term win-win relationship.

Think I'll invite everyone to the new chatroom tomorrow evening and see if the software can handle a crowd....

If you got someone in the DC region, you wouldn't need the Sunday ticket. Investigate it. If it is reasonable, I would be glad to save you guys who are out of area the headache of not being able to see the games if I could get you all hooked up on Sundays via a Slingbox. Food for thought.

We'll investigate :) And sorry to hijack your great blog entry thread Om!

Gracias, all. It's fun (and easy) to write when we're undefeated. :)

No worries on any alleged hijacking, btw. When it comes to blogging, any comment is good comment!

Just a few more hours. Bring it on.

What with all the new bodies the Redskins have aquired I'm looking forward to the pre-season just to find out what we have now. This will be a "different" Redskins team in many ways and I want to see it in action. Who's good? Who might actually be great? Who's kinda iffy? Who has no business wearing a Redskins uniform?

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it.

BTW, Om, another good piece.

Please try to make such appearances habitual. :)

Doing my best, serv. Merci. :)

Life has been a major reshuffle the last couple of years, but it does feel like there's a light at the end of the tunnel finally. Feels good to breathe the cyberair and whack a keyboard again from time to time ...

Okay, show of hands. Who here records Redskins preseason games?

show.jpg

By the way, Directv is currently offering FREE Sunday Ticket subscription with getting new service. Since I already HAVE service, I called up and asked if there was anyway to get it free. They said they weren't aware of such a promotion.....which I told them was silly since all you (they) needed to do was go to the main page of their OWN website and see the HUGE Deion Sanders with wings selling the deal. Nonetheless, they were very accommodating and ended up giving me a $60 credit for the next six months which renders my Sunday Ticket essentially free. They also waived my Sunday Ticket On the Go subscription which allows me to see games on my iPhone and iPad. Nice.....

I would have forked over the $20 to NFL.com...but, I'm not sure I'll be able to watch the preseason games live since they air while I'm still at work. I'll be DVR'ing them on on the NFL channel on TV....just didn't see the listing earlier.

Thanks, everybody!! I'm gonna try out the internet streams today so I can try to see the first half at work.

Here we goooooooo!!!

Countdown clock say:

T minus ...

Demuth-Figure5InGold.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.