• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

who is to blame for the defencive debacle last year?

You said instead of switching to the 3-4 last season, we should have just "tweaked" the defense. The point is that clearly that doesn't always work. :)

You said instead of switching to the 3-4 last season, we should have just "tweaked" the defense. The point is that clearly that doesn't always work. :)

yes I did say that, and no lanky the point you are trying to make wasnt made, switching from a man and blitz heavy scheme to a tampa 2 is not tweaking, thats pretty much a scheme revamp. and yes that again made my point about scheme changes, vast changes rarely work unless huge resources are put into them, we put no resources into this and it showed.

schuuuusch...............don't tell anyone but 2010 is over and a new season with new players is at hand :D

Ryman, you use a lot of words. I know--I used to also.

We are one season into the switch. We were a 4-12 team with absolutely zero playmaking ability on defense. In the first year of a new regime, WITH a sea-change switch to a more aggressive style of defense, we not only improved drastically in turnover production--the Achilles Heel of this defense for years--but we also improved our win total by 50%

Again, that's where we are after one year.

Talk to me again after, say, 2 years, when we might actually have SOME kind of reasonable basis to start making prounouncements about the degree of success or failure and wisdom in the switch. Right now it's all just a lot of opinion supported by hot air.

Talking to you again Om lol

Shanahan has been trying to overcome a lot of early mistakes from overvaluing the talent on this roster.

The trades for McNabb and Brown, 30 plus year olds are usually not made on an aging club coming off a last place finish in the division.

Where there is a lockout and restricted free agency, you usually don't recommend completely overhauling the defense and changing the scheme when the offense is really the unit that is broken.

Shanahan has finally started to get it right but were are now in Year 3.

Is that too much time for fans ir are they going to be patient and give him the five years?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Technically Brown was 29 when we traded for him, but yeah, your point stands.

I think that a lot of criticism that was ignored, has turned out exactly as we thought it would, I would not be averse to letting him finish his contract if he hires a great DC and lets him do his thing. if he tries to retain Haslett, he should be fired the next day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.