• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

An invite to Sav Rocca fans.

SkinnedAussie

The Team Captain
Reaction score
Hopefully, over the next few weeks, we might be seeing an influx of members who are Collingwood supporters, but more importantly, fans of Sav Rocca.

I have posted the URL for BGO on one of the boards I frequent, so hopefully, some will show some interest in calling by, and even joining up.

If anyone wants to know a little about how a Collingwood fan ticks, go to The Lulie St Dash forum and check us out.

Kewl. :)

Collingwood? Wasn't that where Barnabas Collins lived? First to identify cheesy 70's reference wins.

Glad to see that you are inviting new friends/fans to the site. We are happy to welcome them with open arms.

You posted this idea over at the other place and that thread has already evolved to a high school joke fest. That figures.

It's all about respect here and your friends are our friends. :)

I'm going to run out and pick up some extra Fosters. :)

Nope, he lived in Collinsport.

Dark Shadows was from 1966 to 1971.

Right you are...man, the mind is a funny thing..I'd have sworn on my life is was Collingwood (or at least 'Collinwood').

Btw - at least you got the reference right. I actually have that series on dvd.

Glad to see that you are inviting new friends/fans to the site. We are happy to welcome them with open arms.

You posted this idea over at the other place and that thread has already evolved to a high school joke fest. That figures.

It's all about respect here and your friends are our friends. :)

I thought I would give both communities an equal share in the 'pickings', but it seems like the posts on ES are from those more likely to frequent a more child friendly Collingwood message board.

Sav should be at training camp as his visa came through.

BTW, Collingwood played against the bottom side on Saturday night, and won by 138 points. That's a blow-out in the true sense of the meaning. We were 90 odd points up at half time.

Touche.

Tell me what I'll be drinking when I travel down under.

As I'm a non-drinker, I have kind of lost touch with the local brews, but Victoria Bitter tends to be favourite here in Victoria. Now, as each state has their own brewery, if you were in NSW, the favourite would probably be Toohey's Blue; in Queensland it would be XXXX (no, not the condom!). I can't recall the brews from the other states, but in the Northern Territory, the favourite brew is whatever is coldest!

Maybe this will help you decide.

Hmm. Far too many options to make a decision remotely. Clearly the answer will be an extended and exhaustive first-hand research project.

Yes, that is usually the best option. If you haven't tried Aussie beer before, you'll soon know why we say that drinking US beer is like making love in canoe.

If by "American beer" you are referring to such elixim as PBR, Milwaukee's Best and Miller Lite, I cannot in good conscience disagree with you. Although on a hot day they can almost be substitued in a pinch when H2O is unavailable.

There ARE, however, drinkable American beers. We will choose to assume this is common knowledge among sophisticated consumers of ale around the world and thus avoid any international incidents I think.

Just sayin'.

There are some kick ass American craft beers. I think they are just not available outside of the US (some aren't even available everywhere in the country).

I didn't say they were undrinkable; in fact I would prefer a US beer over a Foster's any day, but I was referring to the alcohol content of your general, run-of-the-mill, everyday beers.

When we toured the US way back in '93, whenever we needed a 'kick', we had to resort to spirits as the local beer just wasn't doing it for us.

Apparently, there are German beers that not only can you drink, but you can get a feed at the same time such is the viscosity of the liquid.

Greetings...

Hi kids,
Just joined up and, having been a Collingwood AND Skins fan for over 30 years, thought I'd bump this Sav Rocca thread in my first post.
Must say it's been pretty cool to see one of my favourite players from one game (and continent) switch to my favourite team in a totally different game and still do well, even if he's only the punter :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.