• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

CBS Washington: Jarvis Jenkins Impressing At Camp

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date
I believe he's done for the year FTS

To quote the late, great Bernie Mack - Summamabitch!! :tantrum: :kick_can:

Giants lost 3 starters for the season in one preseason game.
And in general, I think, you can expect at least one season-ending injury per preseason. It's almost inevitable.
Jenkins is a great player, and I feel bad for Jenkins. But for the team, it could have been much worse. There are other players on the team, who if they were lost for the season, would have been much more detrimental to the team than Jenkins.

This is bull****. I was really excited about this kid.

I'm confident in Carriker and Bowen though. And if PD comes back for some depth, I'm A-OK with that too.

Right there with ya HH. I was expecting to see a lot of him on the field, and kickin some ass. He's everything you could ask for in a second round pick, and then some.....

It appeared to me as if Jenkins pulled up lame a bit the play right before he went down. I'm not a doctor, but I think maybe he strained it on that play, then tore a weaker knee on the next. If he had come out after getting dinged, he may have saved his season. Not sure though.

The Giants lost 3 starters.

But the Redskins have been playing the entire preseason without Chris Cooley and LaRon Landry and I would venture to guess that right now both players' 2011 seasons will be limited.

You add Jenkins to that list and a younger team still trying to build talent and develop a sense of itself will only be further behind.

Not to be too harsh but the Giants cornerbacks were an average group when healthy.

The Giants lost 3 starters.

But the Redskins have been playing the entire preseason without Chris Cooley and LaRon Landry and I would venture to guess that right now both players' 2011 seasons will be limited.

You add Jenkins to that list and a younger team still trying to build talent and develop a sense of itself will only be further behind.

Not to be too harsh but the Giants cornerbacks were an average group when healthy.

Not to mention they have been so successful over the past 5 years because of their line play on both sides of the ball.

Would you like some good news about Jarvis? No, he won't play this year - but...

There is good news though. He tweeted a short time ago that the knee is going to heal faster than expected - no cartilage damage.

Good news indeed.

Would you like some good news about Jarvis? No, he won't play this year - but...

There is good news though. He tweeted a short time ago that the knee is going to heal faster than expected - no cartilage damage.

Good news indeed.
That is huge. It means it's likely he won't be one of those guys who ends up having swollen knees chronically throughout his career.

Remember that cartiledge damage never heals even after surgery whereas the ACL is only a ligament and the graft that is inserted during a repair should be close to as good as the last one.

The only problem is in rebuilding the quad muscles that atrophy immediately after a procedure while the graft takes hold.

This is good news, indeed.

Remember that cartiledge damage never heals even after surgery whereas the ACL is only a ligament and the graft that is inserted during a repair should be close to as good as the last one.

In some cases better than the last one, right? Or is that science fiction? Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.