• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Predict Our Record This Season

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Yes, it's still early. But I'm curious to hear everyone's best guess at this time.

So what do you feel will be our record at the end of this season?

6 wins 10 losses

You giving me the over?

Best case scenario(no injuries & decent Qb play) 10-6

Worst case scenario(A lot of injuries & poor Qb play) 6-10

I honestly think we're going to do better than people expect. We will have a hell of a pass rush with Orakpo and Kerrigan and a much improved D with the new additions on the D line, especially if Jenkins is as good as it sounds.

5-11. But, I think we will be encouraged by the end of the year, as the youth movement starts to take shape.

4-12. We don't have an adequate quarterback. Next year we will have one to build with.

5-11, maybe one or two more if the QB situation improves in the near future

Last edited by a moderator:
5-11

Absolute best case scenario, we might go 6-10. I'm not optimistic, I'm a realist :D

Best case scenario(no injuries & decent Qb play) 10-6

Worst case scenario(A lot of injuries & poor Qb play) 6-10.
This.

Skins are still stuck in the NFL's middle-class--a large group of established Franchise-QB-less teams that COULD emerge if enough things go right, but could just as easily stumble if they don't.

I'm gonna split Ish & Chris and go with 3-13.

EDIT: changing to 4-12, see below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, really?

I have no clue where people are finding 6-8 wins on this schedule

NY Giants-LOSS (they have owned us for years now)

ARI Cardinals- LOSS (I think Kolb to Fitz will be dangerous)

@DAL Cowboys-LOSS (close game, but 1 win in 15 years in Dallas)

@STL Rams-LOSS (Bradford takes a step into the elite this year)

BYE

PHI Eagles-LOSS (simply a better team then us this year)

@CAR Panthers-LOSS (haven't won in Carolina since the 1990s, although this is one of those 50/50 games)

@BUF Bills**-LOSS (haven't beaten the Bills since Superbowl 26, can consider this a 50/50 game also)

SF 49ers-WIN (they have truly regressed this year)

@MIA Dolphins-LOSS (haven't won in Miami in forever)

DAL Cowboys-WIN (they will be falling apart by late season)

@SEA Seahawks-LOSS (Sea is a tough place to win, although I could see us
pulling this off)

NY Jets-LOSS (Rex Ryan has the Jets playing late in the season)

NE Patriots-LOSS (just a superior team)

@NY Giants-LOSS (see first Giants game)

MIN Vikings- LOSS (I see the Vikings being a competitive team this season)

PHI Eagles- LOSS (Even though Philly is resting starters, Mike knows the
potential ramifications of winning this game)

Actually, I'm going to change my prediction to 4-12.

I see us beating Arizona, splitting with Dallas, and beating the 49ers. However, they could easily take Carolina, Buffalo or Seattle, so I think they'll win at least one of those games.

Ismail,

Do you accept as possible the idea that the Redskins as a whole---not just the individual parts---might be considerably better than last year? Remember how many games slipped away last year in the final minutes?

It's not inconceivable that some of that was attributable to it being a brand new team of mismatched parts, in a new regime's first year, simply not being able to "close." What if now that they are gaining some cohesion they suddenly start winning their share of those last-possession games?

Let's be clear--I'm not saying they WILL. Just willing to consider the possibility.

Are you?

Ismail,

Do you accept as possible the idea that the Redskins as a whole---not just the individual parts---might be considerably better than last year? Remember how many games slipped away last year in the final minutes? It's not inconceivable that some of that was attributable to it being a brand new team of mismatched parts, in a new regime's first year, simply not able to "close." What if they suddenly start winning their share of those last-possession games?

Let's be clear--I'm not saying they WILL. Just willing to consider the possibility.

Are you?

I would love it if that happened. If somehow this team comes together right and wins 11 games, I will be very excited.

Why I don't think this will happen? This is a very young team. Lots of inexperience. New parts on the D that are being plugged in which need time to get the Haslett 3-4 down. An o-line that can still be deemed average at best. A potential starting QB who hasn't started a game in 4 years.

It could absolutley come together this year. I just believe with the age/experience and newness of the guys on this team, we are talking more about the 1995 Redskins then the 1999 Redskins

Agree with most of that, Ismail. Expect where you slipped in that 11-win mark thing.

I see what you did there. :)

I was reacting to the whole "where do you find 6-8 wins" notion. It just seems to me if the Shanahan Factor starts to take, and this young team actuallly starts playing LIKE a team and finding its identity, 6-8 wins doesn't sound all that unreasonable.

Lanky, when we were discussing this a few days ago, you had San Fran beating us claiming I was wrong to suggest we beat them.

Bills? Win! They are horrible.

Carolina? Win! They are equally horrible.

Dolphins? Not horrible, but not good. Win.

St. Louis? We can win. Haslett schemed terribly against the rookie QB and we should have won that game.

Arizona? They have not done a lot to make their putrid defense better. Their offensive line is as bad as ours. Kolb? LOL! We had him running for his life in Philly after we knocked Vick out. He is not the answer and they made a terrible move bringing him in for the price they paid.

And we can win at least 2 in our division.

Ish, things shaping up enough for you to make the bet? I say we win at least double your prediction of 2 wins. We can make 4 a push and 5 will be my winning number and three yours.

Lanky, when we were discussing this a few days ago, you had San Fran beating us claiming I was wrong to suggest we beat them.

Yeah, I've gone back and forth on them. They are another 50/50 team, in my opinion. With a long-term Gore holdout & signing 'Los, I think we might be able to pull it off.

Bills? Win! They are horrible.

Carolina? Win! They are equally horrible.

Dolphins? Not horrible, but not good. Win.

You know, I used to say this also, but the Redskins are also pretty horrible.

You know, I used to say this also, but the Redskins are also pretty horrible.

Touche! :laugh:

I just keep thinking about Ron Rivera enamored by Newton enough to throw him to the wolves. In that case we lose because we cannot beat a rookie QB. :tantrum:

The Bills game is a win. Chan Gailey was a horrible head coach with talent in Dallas. He is still a horrible head coach and has no talent in Buffalo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.