• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Predict Our Record This Season

I think we are about an 6 or 7 win team this year. Depending on the breaks we could be a game better or worse. I'm not going to be wishy-washy so I'll say 7-9. The lack of a real franchise QB will become evident this season (as if we didn't already know this).

4-12.

But in a good way. :)

I hope one day to have a "franchise" QB.

However, in the meantime, I'd be happy to win another Super Bowl with an average QB, like say, Mark Rypien, or Doug Williams, or SexyJohnRexyBeck.

It's all about the lines. If they do well, the team does well.

I guess, I am going to be a homer and say 9-7.

Why do people believe we will win less this year than we did last year? We lost some close games last year and that was with poor personnel and a couple of knuckleheads that were distractions. I just don't see it.

I think we have a winning record, get a mid tier draft pick and have to give up quite a bit to move in position to grab a QB.

I guess, I am going to be a homer and say 9-7.

Why do people believe we will win less this year than we did last year? We lost some close games last year and that was with poor personnel and a couple of knuckleheads that were distractions. I just don't see it.

Much younger team, less experience. John Beck or Rex Grossman at starting QB. OL still full of questionmarks.

Defense will be better, but how much better? I can't realistically predict it will be in the top 10, at least not scoring.

9 wins? That's beyond homer, lol.

I'll go with 9-7. The breaks will go our way, and win a few close one's we would normally loose in the past.

Well, I don't think Rex can be used as an example that we will regress. He did start some games last year afterall.

There are question marks on the whole team. I think the OL will be better. Monty is better than Rabach. This will be Lichtenst.....2nd year starting and he started to look o.k. at the end of last year. Trent Williams has lost weight and supposedly looks faster. He said he was embarrased by last year. Jammal Brown was coming off a significant injury last year and started playing better as well. Chester, well we really do not know at this moment.

It also seems like we have a lot speed and size on offense finally. I know the jury is out on our DL, but I am excited about it. Have not heard much about Anthony Bryant, but rumor has it he has lost weight and looks faster. It will be exciting to see what Jenkins, Cofield, and Bowen can bring.

It seems as if the whole DL will be rotated and kept fresh. My main worry in our front seven is Kerrigan. Can he make the transition and how fast can he do it? After the combine he gained weight because he thought he was going to a 4-3 team. That has me worried, did he not believe that he could play outside 3-4 LB? I stated in a thread here before the draft that I did not believe he could make the transition. I hope I am wrong. I am really really cheering for him.

If we can get pressure on the QB, we definitely have a ball hawking seconday with Hall and Atogwe. Wilson can catch way way better than Rogers. In fact, Rogers inability to catch has cost us games.

I think we are a mediocre team. Not great, not horrible. We are medium :)

My fandom requires me to think in terms of bast-case scenarios.

For the Skins this year, I think that "best-case" is going to be somewhere around 8-8.

Henry, I'm curious, haven't heard you say much this off season. Are you happy with the direction the team is taking?

Mostly.

I wish we had a legitimate prospect at QB and I think our OL is still very suspect, and I would have liked to have seen at least the OL get a higher priority this offseasn, but on the whole I am pleased that the team seems to finally realize the quick fix hasn't been working. I liked our draft strategy and so far our FA strategy makes sense too. I don't think it will pay off immediately but the foundation for long term success is being put in place. Its a good first step and I hope our FO has enough patience to see it through.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

the reason we wont win many more games this year is simple, we will have better personelle at a few spots on the defence, some guys who fit the scheme better than last years guys, but we still have haslett running the show, and most likely he will still run the same unsound blitzes, the same vanilla almost juvenile plays, the same "disguised" coverages that are actually just bad coverages. The only real bright side is that the guys we have invested in, will all be solid to outstanding players in the 4-3 we will run when we fire Shanny in 2 years if he doesnt take us to the playoffs in the next 2 seasons.

So Ryman, you think Shanahan will only get 3 seasons to turn this thing around? I sure hope that's not true.

So Ryman, you think Shanahan will only get 3 seasons to turn this thing around? I sure hope that's not true.

I fear he's only going to get three seasons as well. Normally I would agree three seasons should be enough time to turn a team around but since we essentially wasted last season I'd give him four (three seasons from this, the first year of our overhaul.)

I seriously doubt Snyder will be that patient, but you never know.

I would be surprised if Shanahan gets the hook after 3 season if he is showing any sort of improvement at all. Remember, Snyder was ready to not only give Gibbs his 5th season but extend his contract and I think pretty much all of us realized that the magic wasn't coming back at that point.

I would be surprised if Shanahan gets the hook after 3 season if he is showing any sort of improvement at all. Remember, Snyder was ready to not only give Gibbs his 5th season but extend his contract and I think pretty much all of us realized that the magic wasn't coming back at that point.

I hope you're right.

However, I don't think Gibbs would have ever been fired ever under any circumstances. Ever.

Not that I think he deserved to be fired, mind you. Two playoff appearances in four years is practically godlike in this town. If Shanahan matches that no way he gets fired. My guess is he won't, but maybe if we get lucky next year ... you never know.

6 or 7 wins. but the trend line will be up rather than down. last year the team started 4-3 and finished 2-7. this time the team may start slowly but I see them playing much better football as the season goes on, finishing on a high note heading into the 2012 offseason.

6 or 7 wins. but the trend line will be up rather than down. last year the team started 4-3 and finished 2-7. this time the team may start slowly but I see them playing much better football as the season goes on, finishing on a high note heading into the 2012 offseason.

A strong finish record-wise be a tall order if you base it on the teams we play. Our last five features the Pats, Jets, and Vikings (with McNabb) at home and the Eagles and Giants away.

will the offense be able to score? I don't see it at this point with these QBs and a marginally improved O-line. and so goes the record.

I think that Shanny needs to show us something in the next 2 seasons or he is done and rightfully so. yes we are now building a foundation for long term something that should have been started LAST YEAR, but that absolute waste of a season is all on him, we are in year one of a true rebuild and frankly in a league where teams have been known to go from worst to first in a year and with the new free agency, there is no excuse to be a really bad team for more than 2 seasons when you have an owner willing to spend money.

right now we have an offence that probably wont be anything special even if beck proves to be better than we think or Grossman plays his best football, and a defence that didnt stop anyone with regularity last year that will be slightly improved talentwise and just as bad scheme wise (unless we suddenly sign capers I dont see that changing). IF next year we draft a young QB I could see giving Shanny a final year to implement his vision, if however we play poorly this year and dont go get a QB, who knows what will happen.

Not gonna happen, Ryman. Either this year the team does horribly and Shanny is fired, and the new guy gets to draft his QB, or the team improves as the season goes along and Shanny keeps his job. Not even Snyder is dumb enough to fire Shanny after the draft regardless of whether or not he gets his QB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.