• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haynesworth Traded!!!

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
to New England for a 2013 5th rounder!

Glory Hallelujah! YeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaa!

Fat Albert is going to a, get this, 3-4 defense! Roflmbo!

Do you like waking up to good news? Are you ready for some football?

Last edited:
A 5th in 2013? I'll take it.

Have fun, Bill. :bucktooth:

Two headaches gone in two days. :)

A 5th in 2013? I'll take it.

Have fun, Bill. :bucktooth:

Two headaches gone in two days. :)

I saw it in another thread, but can't remember now. Don't we have like 10 draft picks in next year's draft? Coming off a 12 pick year?

<channels inner Vince Lombardi>

What the hell's going on around here?

We have nine picks next year - and counting. Ditto for 2013. :)

Funniest thing to me is listening to Mike and Mike gushing about the brilliance of Belichik in this move. "Just like Randy Moss..." ... "he'll get the most out of Haynesworth" ... "etc."

As long as Belichick has an in-his-prime Tom Brady at the helm he will continue to be regarded as the NFL's genius-du-jour. I will admit to anticipating with some pleasusre getting to watch the steady, inexorable deconstruction of that genius in the public's general perception once Brady returns to earth.

So there.

Bye Al. You won't be missed.

Trading Albert adds $5.4 million to our cap situation - he is totally cleared from the books.

How do you like Bruce Allen now?

Can you imagine Vinny trying to do these things? We would've been fleeced in the Broncos trade (we fleeced them this time). AH and DMc5 would've been released with no compensation. Yes, a mistake was made in getting #5 last year, but we did get something back and that has not been the case in previous years - see many players.

Uh......this is still the Redskins, right?

I was wondering if maybe I'd been transported to a parallel universe somewhere. :dizzy2:

It's about time the football gods smile on us. We get rid of a piece of ****, get a 5th rounder instead of having to cut him outright AND we get to watch Belichick bust his balls in a 3-4

This just outright ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Funniest thing to me is listening to Mike and Mike gushing about the brilliance of Belichik in this move. "Just like Randy Moss..." ... "he'll get the most out of Haynesworth" ... "etc."

As long as Belichick has an in-his-prime Tom Brady at the helm he will continue to be regarded as the NFL's genius-du-jour. I will admit to anticipating with some pleasusre getting to watch the steady, inexorable deconstruction of that genius in the public's general perception once Brady returns to earth.

So there.

Bye Al. You won't be missed.

Couldn't agree more. I see this as a complete win-win. Either Fat Al tarnishes Belicheat's erroneously-earned legacy, or Bill puts him through hell, and we get to watch Fat Al suffer.

What's the downside?

to New England for a 2013 5th rounder!

Glory Hallelujah! YeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaa!

Fat Albert is going to a, get this, 3-4 defense! Roflmbo!

Do you like waking up to good news? Are you ready for some football?

Pats play quite a bit of 4-3 and reports are they intend to play more. from what I heard this morning they just want him as a 25-30% rotation player who does what he likes: picks a gap and rushes the QB. it's a smart play by the Pats in my mind.....strong locker room, strong head coach, team that has had success with malcontents before, cheap contract courtesy of the Skins, the Pats always have more picks than they know what to do with (a fifth is chicken feed to them). if it doesn't work out...no real loss. down side.....what kind of shape will he be in? will his off-field problems continue? will he clash coaches? Don't think locker room antics is a real risk......given the low cost of the deal...they'll can him in a heartbeat if he makes waves...the Skins were more or less stuck with what Vinny bequethed.

great organizations find a way to get better. other orgs spend 3-5 years working overtime to make up for past mistakes. anywho....glad to see AH gone......we can continue our talent rebuild in comparative peace and we can continue reshaping the culture - something that will take years to do after all the damage that has been done for so long. Snyder.....let Shanahan/Allen do their thing even if this season is a bust...there's a lot more going on here than this season's W-L tabulation.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's about time the football gods smile on us. We get rid of a piece of ****, get a 5th rounder instead of having to cut him outright AND we get to watch Belichick bust his balls in a 3-4

This just outright ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

the smart part of this by Allen...is that AH doesn't go to the Iggles. Out of the conference.

Out of division, out of conference and to another 3-4 team. There IS a God, I'd have taken a bag of chips for him! I'm with ya on BB OM, it's going to be interesting watching this unfold. The kicker about all that genius stuff and Brady is they got the guy by accident almost. If BB was the genius made out to be then he'd have picked Brady in the 1st round. It's like giving Dungy credit for Manning...nuts.

Oh and someone has to tell me what made the Moss pick genius too...did they get a ring out of it?

the smart part of this by Allen...is that AH doesn't go to the Iggles. Out of the conference.

I guess they could still trade him to the Iggles if he farts wrong in the next few weeks, but hopefully he just stays up there and continues to eat cheesburgers

Out of division, out of conference and to another 3-4 team. There IS a God, I'd have taken a bag of chips for him! I'm with ya on BB OM, it's going to be interesting watching this unfold. The kicker about all that genius stuff and Brady is they got the guy by accident almost. If BB was the genius made out to be then he'd have picked Brady in the 1st round. It's like giving Dungy credit for Manning...nuts.

Oh and someone has to tell me what made the Moss pick genius too...did they get a ring out of it?

I'm not a Pats fan obviously...but in a twist on what we like to say to Iggles fans: during BB's years in NE.....how many Lombardi trophies have we won? the more I look at BB and hear what his players have to say about him...the more he strikes me as having many of Joe's qualities...most especially the flexibility to change his concepts according to the players he has on hand....an ability to think out of the box.

Yeah, Evan Silva made a great point. He was wondering if we were gonna have to listen all day to the brilliance of Belichick, when the Raiders would have been crucified for this move.

I'm not a Spygate guy per se but that's the immediate response...how many have they won since they got busted? Oh and I've never been a fan of using a comparison to another person/team to validate a point made about someone else. Just because the Redskins have sucked donkey balls in that time doesn't mean BB is a genius in my book Spurrier was literally a joke (anyone hear Ross Tucker's retelling of Spurrier's Training camp speech??!!!) and Jim Zorn...not a joke he actually took his job seriously but maybe the two worst HC's in the league the last 20-30 years.

I would agree that BB's got a lot of JG coaching qualities in him (although JG was a hell of a lot better at playing the bigger man when things didn't go his way. He's was not a grumpy teen after games he'd lost and still acted like a gentleman), but that asterisk for the whole cheating stuff is pretty huge for me. Kind of like Shanny and Elway...when either (MS or BB) wins another after those accomplishments it will go along way towards cementing their legacy. But that's just one man's opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.