• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

US Coast Guard Reserves

A thousand apologies, m'lady!

:blush:

Well then. Sounds like your situation is cleaner than my son's regarding the records. Makes sense given no invasive procedures. Here's to the CG doctors being a little more enlightened/efficient than the AF has been to date.

The journey continues. Going to meet with a CG recruiter in DC next week to talk about reserves. Job change slowed me down back in September, but I've decided the reserves route is best for me. Now I just have to make sure they will accept me and there is a rating available that I want :)

Good luck with it. But please consider OCS for the CG. Seriously. You have the drive, ambition, and brain power.

Good luck with it. But please consider OCS for the CG. Seriously. You have the drive, ambition, and brain power.

I will, but in the CG reserves you can't apply to be an officer unless you have prior experience in the CG, so I can't apply until I enlist.

Sigh. Still plugging along. Recruiter submitted my paperwork to MEPS today so I will hopefully have an ASVAB/MEPS picked out by next week.

I'm terrified of the ASVAB, btw. I've never done well on standardized tests, especially ones that involve math :(

Not a fan of standardized testing? ;)

Hate them! But I had fun going through the sections that didn't matter. Haha. Halfway through the "assembling objects" section I realized that there were corresponding letters on each shape that had to match up. I had to pee so bad at that point I just wanted to get done.

Got a 98 on the AFQT though. Now I just have to get one outside consult to pass the physical and I will be good to go.

Also it's no joke about hurry up and wait. Sat in the room for 5 hours waiting for the doc to come in and do our physicals.

Kudos Ren! I applaud you for your willingness to serve this country!

Congratulations! I considered it at one point, it seems like it would be a blast. Have fun.

Congrats! If you ever end up at Camp Lejeune let me know I have buddies who are coasties (active resrvs) who have been there for years. A lifetime ago, I got flagged for my blood sugar issues after 13 days in Cape May. Often think about how my life may have turned out different! Good luck!

Have fun!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_Ot9A-8Qm0[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g857Ml2fvPI[/media]

Congrats. That's one of the branches i completely forgot about at the meps. Looking back i think i woulda liked CG alot. Good luck

Congrats! I thought about the Navy (was considering Nuclear Sub School), but they never called me back after I spoke to a recruiter, and I never pursued it to see why. I'm very happy with the way things turned out for me, but traveling the world would have been pretty awesome. I just go ahead and assume it was because I'm way too good looking. After touring a couple subs, I'm pretty sure I'm happy I didn't have to spend 6 months at a time in one of those.

that is one thing I would recommend, Ren. See the world. Get stationed as far away from home as you can. You will ALWAYS go back home, they will never leave you at some remote place, and while you're young get out there and experience all you can.

Its the reason I have seen 90% of the Pacific/Indian Ocean and all of the countries between DC and Iraq.

That's part of my motivation to go active :)

Got a couple coworkers that were stationed in this area and mostly the Bering Sea region. They absolutely loved it and ended up staying here.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.