• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

How about this solution to FA?

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
I've been thinking about this particular scenario for a few weeks now.

After the Super Bowl, the league should not be in a rush to free agency. Give teams the option of keeping their players or releasing them. Those who are released should be allowed to have FA status immediately and can be signed by any team - if the player passes waivers. Move the draft up a couple of weeks and let FA open seven days after the draft.

Teams will be much more focused on the draft and UDFAs as well. Yes, trades can still occur before, during, and after the draft. It did wonders for the Redskins this year and it forced them to work the draft in a very effective manner.

My $0.02 for the day.

interesting......but would that be limiting in years of thin draft talent pools?

interesting......but would that be limiting in years of thin draft talent pools?

There is two ways to look at it I suppose. That is certainly an issue, but there are times when the FA pool is not the best either. This will never happen - it was just a passing thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.