• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WPC: Weeding out the suckers – Pittsburgh Style

Pappas

http://www.warpathconfidential.com/?p=725

Weeding out the suckers – Pittsburgh Style

By John Pappas
Warpath Confidential Editor

The Washington Redskins finally got a little somethin’ somethin’ going against the Pittsburgh Steelers Saturday night. The offense pulled off a long drive to start. The defensive line looks just like we hoped. And a new star was born in the form of a backup quarterback named Chase.

The Redskins even managed to win the game.

A few players made their mark during the contest, while a few others left one. Here we take a look at the those who stood out, and those who stood down.

Chase Daniel – Hot

What can you say but that the kid rocked the party? Daniel went 6-for-8 for 58 yards and two touchdowns, by far the best quarterback of the night. The kid looked like Colt Brennan last year, being aggressive and making plays. He says it was only one game. We say bring on the calls for Daniel to start (ok, not really). We killed the kid earlier in the week in a column. We are wiping the egg off our face.

Colt Brennan – Not

Colt had no business throwing that ball so late, what with the linebacker squatting on the route. Colt was looking good until then, but it took him too long to see it, and too long to throw it. According to Zorn, there is a battle brewing for the number three spot. Colt better step it up before he is the guy that used to be on the team.

Click the link above to read the entire article...

Last edited by a moderator:
You forgot to put Ladell Betts is the "NOT" category.

Absolutely putrid in goal line situations.

Could Rock have an honorable mention please. He worked that fake punt really well. And the first return was really good.

I give this article a THUMBS UP!

Albert Haynesworth – Hot

I mean, come on. The guy was living in the backfield for the few snaps he was in. And he made the rest of the line instantly better. Folks were worried about him being soft after the big payday. We worry about him eating a quarterback. No, really.

The one thing I was glad to see was that after Pittsburgh scored their touchdown, when they showed Haynesworth on the sideline he looked truly pissed... not joking and smiling because it was only the preseason.

I think the D-line will be better than fine; running game looked good; special teams shined with the fake punt; but the passing game is still not there.

Oh, that's right. The ball was wet, the O-line sucks, receivers stink, playcalling too conservative, etc....

Please, let's just have a decent passing game this year. Pretty please. I don't care who is behind center.

You forgot to put Ladell Betts is the "NOT" category.

Absolutely putrid in goal line situations.
Betts isn't a bad back but he's kind of a jack of all trades, master of none, kind of player. He's a poor compliment to CPo in that he's not really a power runner nor a quick/fast game breaker. Either would be a good compliment to Portis but Betts is just sort of "there". If we'd had the $$$ left after signing Haynesworth, I'd have loved to see us sign Derrick Ward. However, that would have left us with way too much cap space tied up at one position.

Aside from OL and QB-obviously depending on what happens with JC, RB really needs to be a priority for us next offseason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.