• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Skins/Steelers Game Day Thread

Has there ever been a team burned by opposing QB's scrambles more that the Redskins?

I'm still reeling from the Donavan McNabb game in 2000 (Bruce Smith, Deion, Carrier......whifffff).

It sure would be nice to see the Redskins win one of these preseason games for a change.

Brennan's working his way right off this squad, something I would have considered highly unlikely going into the pre-season....

Hard not to give Chase the edge right now.

What has me thinking is that Chase did not see any time last week. Why not? It was obvious Colt was not doing well. This is going to be an interesting week in Redskins Park.

Oh i am angry now.

Now comcast is going to cut off the post game too.

At least we used to get the post game.

Now it says not available.

Another round of calls on monday

this is why I posted a separate thread about Colt and Chase. Chase seems to have improved measurably since the first minicamp while Colt seems to have hit a plateau.

for a developmental quarterback with two vets ahead of you, that's not a good sign for Colt being on the team in 2009.

Best thing about the end of this one, for me, was watching Blache be aggressive and let his young puppies get after the QB. Was fully expecting our usual passive "prevent" approach, but it didn't happen. Gotta love the feeling of finishing aggressive and making it happen, rather than sitting back and hoping it does.

OK Comcast.

I apologize.

I was just a bit early.

The post game is on now.

it's a lot easier to be aggressive when you have better players on the field.

the additional depth along the DL had Kedric Golston and Chris Wilson out there playing in garbage time in the fourth quarter. Pittsburgh's offensive line didn't have anyone of that caliber in their second and third line ranks to block them effectively.

And for anyone who thought taking Jeremy Jarmon was a mistake, care to reconsider?

Jarmon is a cat-quick DE for a guy who plays between 275-280. He could be on the other side of Brian Orakpo for the next 4-5 years in Washington.

I'm going to be writing about 3rd downs this week. Haven't looked at the numbers yet, but we've gotten killed on 3rd downs, both sides. As always. Just kills a team.

Just to give you some numbers-this comes from the Cold Hard Football Facts website-in the 2008 regular season the 'Skins ranked 26th in the league with a 35.2% third-down conversion rate.

Is it just me, or do the Redskins seem to spend most of every game deep in their own end?

My friends are tired of hearing me talk about that. Last season it seemed like at least half the drives started at their own 20 or deeper. It's like some kind of mystic hex. The Redskins are not going to score much this season without good starting field position.

So no, it's not just you.

My friends are tired of hearing me talk about that. Last season it seemed like at least half the drives started at their own 20 or deeper. It's like some kind of mystic hex. The Redskins are not going to score much this season without good starting field position.

So no, it's not just you.

Are you talking about drives starting after punts or kicks?

first downs and red zone conversions?

might help if we went back to the drawing board and came up with something other than Ladell Betts up the middle on consecutive plays from inside the 5.

that is not going to work against the Steelers in preseason or during the regular season.

first downs and red zone conversions?

might help if we went back to the drawing board and came up with something other than Ladell Betts up the middle on consecutive plays from inside the 5.

that is not going to work against the Steelers in preseason or during the regular season.

Or anyone else that looks at film for that matter

I'm guessing Zorn and Co have something else for that this year with the new 2 TE sets, ARE in the slot and other options we may not have thought of yet but they really don't want to give the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys film if it at this point yet. If they don't have something else, well...what is the Dan paying them for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.