• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Clarence Clemons, the 'Big Man', 'Minister of Soul', Heart of the E Street Band, gone

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Bummed.

First, Danny Federici, whose organ playing soared unmistakably in the E Street Band background, lost to cancer. Now, the very heart of the E Street Band, sax player Clarence Clemons, victim of a massive stroke.

I'm generally not one to mourn the loss of a celebrity. But Clarence was a stalwart in the greatest band of the last 20 years, and the greatest rock and roll sax player. Ever.

I'm not going to lie, I fought back tears driving home from a family gathering tonight. Godspeed Big Man. Heaven just gained one bitching wailing sax player.

The Minister of Soul is gone. But never forgotten.

3632375218_85b3dcbd24.jpg

Last edited:
Just heard the news a few minutes ago - sad to hear it. He was a big part of that group. It would have the same impact if Chicago had lost one of their brass players (Terry Kath was significant enough) along the way.

He was a regular at a restaurant I worked in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. What struck me about him, other than his generosity, was that he was a very large man. R.I.P. Clearance Clemons. I will always remember how very generous you were to me.

RIP - although I didn't know who he was until his death announcement - I just knew him as a youth program coordinator in "The Wire." Not a very big Springsteen fan, I guess...

He was a regular at a restaurant I worked in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. What struck me about him, other than his generosity, was that he was a very large man. R.I.P. Clearance Clemons. I will always remember how very generous you were to me.

According to Nightly News, he was set to play for the Browns when he had a car accident, and blew out a knee, ending his hopes of an NFL career.

Only got to see him play once, just by chance at the Pony. Bruce and the band just walked onto the stage in between sets of South Side Johnny. The jam later was amazing...

RIP Big Man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.