• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Scottie Pippen: Lebron Is Greatest Of All Time, Not MJ

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/msn/scottie_pippen_lebron_james_is_the_greatest_player_ever/4804771

He could have only said this for one of two reasons - he's a bitter second fiddle that couldn't carry MJ's jock on his best day, or he is looking for a reason to get himself in the spotlight again for whatever reason.

For a guy who lived in Jordan's shadow nearly his entire career, he had front row tickets to Jordan's greatness. Jordan is a 5 time league MVP and 6 time champion. LeBron is a 2 time MVP, and has never touched a trophy. Jordan played almost his entire career against hall of famers....LeBron, not so much.

Not to mention, Jordan is top 5 all time on offense AND defense. To mention LeBron in the same sentence as Jordan, especially this early in his career, is completely retarded beyond words.

Personally, I get the feeling Scottie is a bitter little attention whore, and this is the only way he can get his name mentioned.

"Scottie, you're a ****ing idiot!" - World

Seriously though, Jordan changed the game and how it was played in every way from the way he dressed with his shorts longer than before to how high he could jump to how he could just take over a game and no matter what you did you couldnt stop him.

I heard them once ask him if he thought he could fly and he responded with, "for a couple of seconds, yeah I do." and i believe him!!

when they said all he had was high jumps and dunks he perfected the fade away jumpshot and entered the 3pt contest. His dunk contests are stuff legends are made out of. Has Lebitch even been in ONE contest?

Plus, Jordan didnt run out of Chicago when they stunk. He did what he needed to, made a team around him and won with names like Bill Cartwright, Luc Longley, Tony Kukoc. He didnt "take his talents to South Beach" like a certain sellout did.
I see we have the same thoughts on this issue :D

Scottie released this gem last night....
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Scottie-Pippen-comments-Michael-Jordan-LeBron-James-052711/?gt1=39002

I love how he not only doesn't say the obvious - that his remark was incorrect and stupid, but he insults everyone's intelligence by saying we all perceived his comments wrong.

Sorry Scottie, you said in your own words that Jordan was a good scorer, and that LeBron is great overall, and the greatest player of all time. We didn't hear you wrong, you're just a idiot.

Apparently he has been catching a ****storm from Bulls fans over it, and deservedly so. Calling LeBron better than Jordan is like calling Bonds better than Ruth.

ive always thought pippen was jealous of jordan. when mike retired and pip could barely make noise in the playoffs but went to the finals the moment MJ got back i think he was jealous.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell. He thought it was the team that was great, and I think it hurt his feelings when Jordan left and he had to deal with the harsh realization that without Jordan, the Bulls wouldn't go anywhere.

Ok - I'll jump in on this one

I'm not going to say LeBrougham is Jordan. It's ridiculous to posture that now. Wait 'till his run is through, then judge.

But the fact that there is even a discussion is amazing. Did any one of us ever think we'd see someone even mentioned with His Airness in our lifetimes? I didn't.

And as far as the hate for LeBron & the Heat - it's fully unjustified. This team works like crazy. Pretty good Greg Cote column on it, I thot.

And yeah - I'm a homer. I used to play for the Heat.

Played for the Heat

I played Guitar for them in the early 90's. They used to have a band at every home game. Free guest tix. Watch the game up close. Awesmoe!

So technically, yeah - I played for the Heat! hehe.:bucktooth:

you played for the Heat?

as far as the hate for LeBron & the Heat - it's fully unjustified.
A Miami Heat fan would feel that way. LeBron ****ting on Cleveland in a stage show like he did was what made people hate him.

The media jumping on his nuts and selling the hype that they were the team to beat, they would break Chicago's win record, etc. is what made people hate the Heat.

It isn't unjustified at all. LeBron and the Heat are an organization full of cocky media whores. How does that make the hate unjustified? When a player and team say we're better than you and we will break all the records, even before they have even practiced together - that is fully justified.

I'm not a Heat hater, I'm a LeBron hater. Oddly, I was a fan before he made a spectacle of himself and Cleveland for his own ego. It is for the reasons listed that I am really hoping the Heat fall on their face and don't win this thing.

I'd much rather hear, "We'll get em next year." Than have to hear, "We told you we were wonderful." There is nothing I'd like more for LeBron than for him to have to retire with no ring.

the whole big deal they made and rally they had to introduce them, the "im taking my talents to south beach", the show itself and then the whining about "the world can be happy now; the heat are losing" was just too damn much.

Lebron has always been a bitch. from his constant complaining (best one "they dont know my crab dribble), to seeing a 270lb man flop when hit by a PG, to the **** talking he does when he does score "thats ok, i dont need no foul". his level of humility is horrible and he needs a lesson in it.
See, there is something we agre on :D

Lol - you should! jk.

I feel dirty inside ;)

I understand what people don't like about the WAY the transition was made. And obviously saying he wouldn't leave Cleveland until he won one was a mistake. But that's what we're talking about here. Mistakes. Not bad character.

AI shows up at his Baby Momma's w/ crew and firearms and he gets more love than an upright citizen like LeBro. Plus - look at his Mom issues, doesn't that get him SOME sympathy? The fact that he can be as down to earth as his is with his talents and seeming lack of upbringing is pretty amazing.

Proceeds from "The Decision" go to charity. Sure stupid pablum that we had to suffer, but you think that was HIS idea and not some smarmy publicist?

The show in Miamuh [remember Shaq on the 18 wheeler? That was awful, too. But here he is getting love at his retirement] was vintage Pauline Winnick. She's been a blight on that organization since before I was there - but she pulls in $$, so she's not going anywhere.

I really have no problem with any of your issues w/ him. My problem is with the conclusion. Everyone is hating on him and he's basically a pretty good guy from all un-biased accounts. If Wade likes him, he has to be good.

I really do think it comes down more to jealousy than anything else. I don't know who you're a fan of - I'm sorry if it's the Wizards. I just can't like a team from Baltimore... lol. But if he was there, I think you might be singing a different tune.

Again, no argument with your individual observations, just the conclusion.

Before this year I always thought Wade was the best player outta that draft, maybe Mellow #2. This year, I'm not so sure.

didnt lebron's mom just get arrested for slapping a valet driver while drunk?

my problem is when you put yourself out there and want the attention you shouldnt complain when you get negative attention. the guy basically believes he walks on NBA water and can do no wrong and you can tell it by whenever he doesnt get a foul call how much he complains.

Oh, they all do that. NBA has become the US version of FIFA. It's deplorable. The guy can take a hit - he just acts up for the extra point... he'd be stupid not to. Wade was basing his game on the foul during the Chi series. Painful to watch.

Yeah - his Mom is a wreck.

AAAaaaaaarrrghghghh!!

AAAArrrrrghghg!

Ok. That DEFINITELY wasn't very MJ like!

lmao:anonymous:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.