• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cell Phone Technical Question

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
So me and my dad share a plan through Verizon. Today, his phone broke. He can't afford a new one, and isn't due for another year for a discount, but I have an old phone that I haven't used in a few years.

All of the phones are through Verizon, so my question is this....if I activate my old phone, is it possible to activate it with his number, or would it activate with my number by default, and make my current phone ineffective?

I know that if I hit *228 on my old phone, it says press one to activate. I don't want to do that if it's going to activate under my number instead of his.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can't you just call Verizon? I would assume what you are asking is possible, but they should be able to tell you for sure.

You should be able to activate it with his number, but yeah - you need to call VZ Customer Service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.