• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Draft 2011 Comparisons - Continuing/Ongoing

Yes, but what if Gabbert goes bananas next season and Jacksonville pulls a Cincy and makes the playoffs? Not saying he will (I think he's a bust), but what if he does? Would that justify it for you?

I'm wondering if perhaps, in retrospect, this may be an indicator of Shanny's ability to judge potential QB talent in terms of "he can spot one that won't work out?"

Yes, but what if Gabbert goes bananas next season and Jacksonville pulls a Cincy and makes the playoffs? Not saying he will (I think he's a bust), but what if he does? Would that justify it for you?

Depends on what we do. :)

It's always tough to gauge things like this, but so far I think we made the right call. We had a hell of a draft in '11.

Also, I think it should be noted that Gomes played in 15 games and started 5. Stats don't always tell everything with defensive players but the fact that he was able to significantly contribute on a not crappy defense should count for something.

I'm wondering if perhaps, in retrospect, this may be an indicator of Shanny's ability to judge potential QB talent in terms of "he can spot one that won't work out?"

Thats sort of what I was thinking, his rep for finding guys will work out has taken a hit but I honestly think thats in large part because of our Oline troubles.

either way qb in the top 5 is no sure thing, and although nothing really is, we cannot afford to take massive risks right now.

No, because during that time Kerrigan was one of the lone bright spots on our defence and gomes could become very solid too. for all the talk, the defence didnt improve from 31 to 11 it stayed about the same as it was before we blew it up so I dont look at this year as much of an improvement, if we improve next year it had better be into the top 8. Kerrigan was a major reason we didnt suck this year on defence, you take him out of the equation and its gross again. now if Gabbert goes ona run and makes multiple probowls? maybe then, but we needed immediate help and Kerrigan gave us that in spades.

whats funny about our dfence is the Texans showed how to do the switch right, they didnt change a lot of players but schemed around what they had and unlike us didnt go through a horrific year , most importantly they were BAD when they made the switch lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.