• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WPC: Redskins look to be four times better

Pappas

http://www.warpathconfidential.com/?p=650

Redskins look to be four times better

By John Pappas
Warpath Confidential Editor

Washington fans will have more to get excited about this Saturday night when the Redskins face the Pittsburgh Steelers at FedEx Field. For starters, the starters will play the first quarter, at least. This is better than the two short series fans saw them in last week. Even better, key players who were held out of the scrimmage and first game in Baltimore are expected to play Saturday.

These include two key starters on offense in Clinton Portis and Santana Moss, and two on defense in Albert Haynesworth and Carlos Rogers. Having players such as these on the field can be the difference between the lackluster performance against the Ravens, and what the Redskins hope will be a much sharper performance.

Three of these four, Portis, Moss, and Haynesworth, are players opposing teams have to game plan for. They are impact players who by themselves can change the complexion of a game. The fourth, Rogers, is a solid starter who can help minimize big plays against the defense.

Click the link to read the entire article...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, John. Nice overview of the dynamics. Not sure we'll see them play out Saturday in any meaningful way---Blache might have all his shiny new weapons on the field, but he's not going to arm and deploy them---but it will sure as hell be a treat to watch them line up. Particularly seeing Big Al get down in his stance the first time lined up next to Cornelius Griffin, with Andre Carter on one side and Orakpo on the other.

Preseason or not, just seeing that combination on the field for a few plays is something I'm looking forward to greatly.

Four times better?

Yea! :claps:

Hey, wait a minute. Four times zero = zero.

I'm excited to see the team play on Saturday! Ahhh the tailgate!!!!!

I'd settle for four points better. On average we were outscored by 2 points per game, 16.5 to 18.5. Four points per game would help. Although in our losses the average margin of defeat was 9 points. However, if you look at individual games four points would have given us the victory against SF and would have brought us to a tie in the 2nd Dallas game. Assuming we win that in OT, the extra 4 points a game would've taken us from 8-8 to 10-6 last year.

Here's to hoping that the offense steps it up, be it alone or with the help of turnovers (shorter fields) and more chances (D getting off the field) from the defense.

I want to see some improvement this week. As China said I would love to see the offense put some points on the board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.