• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: The end of the road could be near for McNabb

mcnabb_college.jpg

here's what I dont get...he wore one in college and had no issues with it. to me this sounds like a crock to me but McNabb wont defend himself like the norm so it becomes true.

interesting. nice research.

If there is no salary cap? Who cares. Perhaps a valuable constant reminder to Danny and Shanny not to go that route again.

dude...it's the principle! cap or no cap...giving someone 10 mil to do nothing just doesn't sit well!!!

I have said all along that Mcnabb was overrated, that the teams he was on won more because of a good all around team and good defences. Mcnabb has never been an elite QB, Shanny bought into the hype and thought he could make him into an elway based on his measurables. truthfully he isnt a terrible qb in the right system, but this was not even remotely the right system. this signing alone set us back a season because it showed that the FO did NOT have a realistic grasp of this team.

if a qb was measured solely by stats then no, but I would ask how many rings? how many big games did he put the team on his back? what sort of teams did he play on? what was the scheme? putting up numbers is nice, but aside from one great season in 2004 i believe he was not an elite qb, which was what he was advertised as and not what we saw last year.

I agree there are a lot of guys who dont have rings who were very good qb's mcnabb is not one of them. he is a guy who needs to throw the ball an insane amount of the time to get in rythym, he is a poor leader who pouts and worst of all he pretends to be a guy who will do anything you ask and then does his own thing. in 2008 how many attempts did he have? and we gave up a second rounder in a rebuilding year and got play that was below journeyman level.

I said when we traded for him he was a choke artist and threw dirt balls half the time. I was hoping his experience wouul help out the team, but that kinda fell thru

does anyone here think he has any trade value at all? I think we might get a throwaawy pick for him, if a team wnats him to have a full camp but i cant see us keeping him at 10 mil per, and I dont see anyone wanting to pick up that price tag for what they now know they will get.

We'll get a decent trade for him.

I'm much more interested in watching Blaine Gabbert bust and hope to enjoy watching the players that we got for him. I think it will be an interesting comparison as it unfolds. I may start a thread about it sometime soon.

does anyone here think he has any trade value at all? I think we might get a throwaawy pick for him, if a team wnats him to have a full camp but i cant see us keeping him at 10 mil per, and I dont see anyone wanting to pick up that price tag for what they now know they will get.

I still think we are likely going to get at least a 4th from Minnesota for him. I believe there is a deal in pace already. I think the whole situation with Haynesworth last year has proven that Shanahan is willing to eat some money as opposed to lose the player for nothing.

What do you define as a "throwaway pick?"

I still think we are likely going to get at least a 4th from Minnesota for him. I believe there is a deal in pace already. I think the whole situation with Haynesworth last year has proven that Shanahan is willing to eat some money as opposed to lose the player for nothing.

That would be awesome, and thats a solid point.

of course he has value. just because he wasnt given a fair shot here in DC doesnt mean he is done. i would bet money he goes to a different team and prospers.

agree. the only gotcha...IMO...is that 10 mil hangin out there.

for this team anything after the 3rd, lol seriously though its rare that we get a player who contributes after the 5th round.

Henson, Moore, Jackson, Horton, Blades, Doughty, Golston since 2006 (EDIT: And jury is still out on Capers, Cook & Austin). Where the picks are isn't the problem for the Redskins, the real problem is only having 61 picks since 2001 (77 is the average for that time-span).

of course he has value. just because he wasnt given a fair shot here in DC doesnt mean he is done. i would bet money he goes to a different team and prospers.

I'm not so sure anyone is going to give him much of a shot. Word I've read from multiple sources out of AZ is they have no interest (smokescreen maybe). Nobody seems to have any idea what’s going on with the Vikes but they did take a QB early in the draft. Those two seemed like the best landing spots for McNabb 3 months ago. Now….I kinda doubt either of them.

Where do you see him landing? I'm not trying to pick a fight with that question. I honestly don't see another place where they'd give up a draft pick and pick up his salary.

Henson, Moore, Jackson, Horton, Blades, Doughty, Golston since 2006 (EDIT: And jury is still out on Capers, Cook & Austin). Where the picks are isn't the problem for the Redskins, the real problem is only having 61 picks since 2001 (77 is the average for that time-span).

Henson, have we even seen him on the field? Moore is a guy weve been trying to replace since he got here, he had flashes but really did nothing. Jackson couldnt beat out a converted DT at olb, Horton gave us a great rookie year then got hurt and disappeared, Blades flashed a bit but is nothing more than a barely serviceable backup and teams guy, Doughty is a hardworking exceptionally slow guy we needed to upgrade as well. Golston was a rotation guy who was solid and hard working but doesnt give you much as anything else. Austin might give us something cook and Capers get a shot by default, tbh I agree that 61 picks since 2001 is an issue but we have been brutal with anything other than our early picks and I hope this year it is different.

hes better than anything they have in AZ, MN, Carolina and a few other teams. he is going to do just fine.

being better than the qb in those places is as another poster recently said " akin to being the tallest midget" lol

I do think he was better than Tjack, but I think clausen will get better.

Henson lit it up for a half against Arizona in the preseason finale last season before getting hurt. Naturally. He and Chris Wilson put on quite a show. Yeah it was against scrubs but they did exactly what you want two potential future starters to do in that situation--dominate.

Not holding out too high expectations on Henson, but the half he turned in when he DID get some playing time definitely got my attention. Really looking forward to seeing if he picks up where he left off this coming preseason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.