• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

My latest colorization

Miles Monroe

The Owner's Favorite
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
I just finished this one up, and took a few liberties like removing the blurred man walking on the sidewalk, and put in a better sky from one of my file photos.

Gary, with luck, some of the stuff gave me will finally be getting done. Anyhow, here's a before and after.

Tennesseeclub.jpg

4a13370uTennesseeClubcopy.jpg

Man....I just love this stuff Pete! You still have the site featuring your stuff up and running?

Now that is cool stuff. Very nice. What program do you use?

Man....I just love this stuff Pete! You still have the site featuring your stuff up and running?

Never went live with it because of the impending surgery on the right hand. This is the first piece I've done since I had the surgery. Hand feels great, and I made a bunch of changes on the site. I'm almost done, and should go live some time in the next few days. Most likely Monday.

I'm heading out Saturday to shoot a bike event in Tampa, and will likely be processing stuff Sunday, so a few quick tweaks on the site and I'm good to go for Monday.

Last edited:
Now that is cool stuff. Very nice. What program do you use?

Don't laugh, but I'm using the least expensive Adobe photo shop product out there called elements. I think it was about 70 bucks. I'm looking into a drawing tablet to use in conjunction with the mouse, but there about a grand used.

I can get a copy of the higher end Photo shop from a buddy, but I get good quality now, so why re-learn another group of controls. The work has evolved over time, and I used a new technique on much of this photo. It's hard to tell being this is actually a low res copy, but there's a lot of texturing on the main building. You can't see a lot of the detail, like the white lace details on some of the window coverings. This is 150 PPI, and the master copy 490.

Hey, no laughing here at all. There are many software programs that are inexpensive and can do the job. I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio for the small videos that I create and it is one of the best out there - less than $60 too and outperforms other programs that cost hundreds more. Another program that downloads YouTube videos and can convert to any video or audio format is free - it is awesome. No need for any other software to do this job.

Anyway - love the pic and look forward to seeing many more.

Kudos Pete! Looks great!

I understand about learning new programs, but I finally broke down and got Adobe Lightroom and couldn't be more pleased! It is still a learning process 6 months later, but I love it!

Kudos Pete! Looks great!

I understand about learning new programs, but I finally broke down and got Adobe Lightroom and couldn't be more pleased! It is still a learning process 6 months later, but I love it!

Thanks E. I just saw Lightroom with $200 off, but even with that discount, I just can't justify it right now.

Hey, no laughing here at all. There are many software programs that are inexpensive and can do the job. I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio for the small videos that I create and it is one of the best out there - less than $60 too and outperforms other programs that cost hundreds more. Another program that downloads YouTube videos and can convert to any video or audio format is free - it is awesome. No need for any other software to do this job.

Anyway - love the pic and look forward to seeing many more.

Here's a preview:
Sight Image Works

Of course, I'll upgrade once I go live so there's no Wix adds and I'll have my own domain.

Man, that's some really awesome work. Being a huge art nerd and big into it myself, I always love seeing stuff like this that people can do, it's amazing.

Great work, Pete. Let me know if you need more pics.

That's the last thing I need at this point LOL I figure I have about 25 or 30 that have good potential I haven't even thought about working on.

That's the last thing I need at this point LOL I figure I have about 25 or 30 that have good potential I haven't even thought about working on.

LOL...but you need something to do while your daughter is out and about. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.