• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Where are my effing linemen?

Sarge

I generally liked how we handled this draft. Had vinny and Lord Farquaad still been in charge, we'd have Gabbert right now and everyone knows it.

But our line sucks with the exception of LT. We need a center, an RG and a RT. Badly. And what do we do? Draft one OG.

THAT I'm not happy about

I'd say he's in Oakland. I get the idea that Shanny and/or Allen weren't thrilled with anything after Wisneiwski and Pouncey, who we obviously never had a shot at after the Kerrigan pick. When they took Wisneiwski I yelled out loud "DAMMIT!!! Schtupped by Davis" Of course Mrs. '06 now thinks I should be committed to a psych facility.

On the flip side, I really like what we've done to improve our DL, especially given that this was a banner year for it. Maybe next year will be a good one for OL and we can stock up.

Tyron Smith was taken 1 pick before them at 10 and i think that's what initiated the move back to 16 but then Pouncey goes 1 pick before to the Fins. Sometimes things just don't work out

Nice point Furious - that's one thing we fans don't remember often enough, that there are plans, and then there is battle when all plans immediately go straight to hell. It's called the 'Fog of War' and those that can adjust to changing conditions and react most appropriately, win. I feel that the Redskins did an excellent job adapting to circumstances and made very good use of their opportunities in this draft overall.

hmmm.....I think it more likely that one going in position for the Skins was that while there was good depth of talent in this draft there wasn't much in the way of outstanding talent - and they were going to draft for value (relative to position in the draft). in short...they weren't targeting many if any players.

here's my concern: draft a RB, QB or o-linemen and I think the Shanahan's have it wired. Draft defensive players...do I think Hazlitt has it wired? No. I don't. we'll have to wait and see..

I share that concern, but feel pretty confident today. Haslett got the guys who try hard, who have big motors. That actually seems like a fairly safe pick to me. Instead of going for Michael Vick, we went for Matt Schaub, or something like that. Hard to screw up with the maximum effort guys, plus they can and will rub off on the rest of the locker room which is gravy.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.