• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Draft Chat

Roy Helu, RB, Nebraska
Height: 6-0. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
Combine 40 Time: 4.42.
Pro Day 40 Time: DNP.
Benchx225: . Vertical: 36.5. Broad: 9-11.
Projected Round (2011): 4-6.
3/11/11: Roy Helu had an outstanding Combine, so he didn't run the 40 or anything at his Pro Day. He weighed in a pound heavier.

Roy Helu, RB from Nebraska. Interesting.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Gotta say, the trades up and down are such a refreshing change of pace.

Damn. Christian Ballard off the board.

Got the RB I wanted and chose in the game!

Wooooooohooooooo!

Lucky you. I get that he's kind of a poor man's Portis, but other than that why do you like him so much? Not a knock, I'd just like your impressions since the talking heads seem to think he's a bit soft.

Evan Royster, RB, Penn St. could be there in the 7th - that could be a great backfield with Torain, Helu, and Keiland.

Lucky you. I get that he's kind of a poor man's Portis, but other than that why do you like him so much? Not a knock, I'd just like your impressions since the talking heads seem to think he's a bit soft.

I disagree with their thoughts, but he has good speed, hits the hole quickly, catches very well out of the backfield. He needs to cut better and quicker on the fly, but that could come with good coaching. He is a good rb for the zbs.

Thanks. Hopefully he's the next in the line of Shanny lead spun into gold RBs.

Draft assessments give him great grades on the measureables, but say he is not as consistent as he could be, can be contained at times, and question his motivation level. Not known to block well either. Time will tell... We didn't reach for him though - which was a risk given he did have a great pro day and on paper looks very promising. We took him in the 4th which is exactly where he probably should have been taken. Solid pick if the 'motivation' stuff proves to be overblown.

Still undecided about Jarvis Jackson. I trust the coaches enough I guess, it appears it may have been a reach but I like that we addressed that position in the 2nd round. I like Hankerson, I think he will do well for us. Not sure how well Kerrigan will adjust to 3-4 OLB, but feel confident it will help Orakpo.

I am not pleased with Helu. It is concerning to hear he does not shed tackles well. His main strength is in open field. I think I would have rather taken a shot on Taiwan Jones and his explosiveness later in the 4th round.

I do think we need to keep in mind, Shanahan has made relative nobodies look like Larry Brown. He's got the magic touch when it comes to running backs. I'm willing to trust him on the Helu pick...

I like Jackson and his attitude. He will be used the way we wanted to use Big Al. Difference is this kid will do what is asked of him.

Whoa! Eagles take Henery, the kicker from NE. Akers just said "What"???

On to the 5th round. We now have two selections at 15(146) and 24(155).

I'm doubtful we'll spend a pick (even a late one) on a QB. I wouldn't drop dead from shock if we drafted Tyrod, but I just have the feeling we aren't going there this draft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.