• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Hi there

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
In the event anyone wanders in before official opening time, wanted to be sure the tacky neon "Welcome" sign was on.

It was ... and is. :)

neon_welcome-240x90.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys. Just seeing if I can post yet. :)

The man, the myth, the legend.....returns :)

We're shooting for a 1 July opening brother H. That's the plan anyway....

Geez guys, this place is a labyrinth-bells 'n' whistles to beat the band, and dozens of places to dig around. As you might guess, I've been lurking and peering into cracks and crevices to see what you guys have wrought.

Short version-helluva job, folks-I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. And love the skinning. This is gonna be fun-it's almost like walking into a new amusement park for the first time. Plenty of places to play around in-and get lost in (I've accomplished that particular feat a couple of times already!)

I know that a lot of time, struggle, laughter, tears, cursing, screaming, the pulling-out-of-hair, and maybe the occasional "God! I need a drink!" accompanied this monumental undertaking but in the end it was well worth the effort. My friends, I wish BGO only the best of good fortune.:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks brother Serv....:) We appreciate the kind words, its been an incredible amount of work and we're just getting going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so the Arcade is cool. I played Space Invaders last night for the first time in nearly 25 years. Took me right back to Friday nights at the roller skating rink.

Yeah - I could've created it a lot more quickly if I didn't feel the need to try out each and every game myself along the way :)

[solemn voice]
Testing is important. You had a moral imperative to make sure each and every game worked.
[/solemn voice]

Last edited:
Woohoo

This looks awesome

with my username, you know i'd find my way to the pub. cheers!

hope to tip a few with some of you once training camp begins -- and not a moment too soon!

Well hi, just thought I would come in and have a look around.

Feels like home...

And here I thought you were a Hokie fan, beamish. ;)

Welcome one and all. It's happy hour.

Made it. Hi Guys!

By the way, living in the UK as I do. All good pubs need a great name!

hokie fan? ugh, too many bad memories of vatech schooling my boys. had i thought of the false connotation, i would have gone with one of the other members of the irish stout trinity -- murphy's or guinness...

Made it. Hi Guys!

By the way, living in the UK as I do. All good pubs need a great name!
That's a great point. Sounds like we have our first community decision on our hands. Maybe we'll post an Official Forum-Name-Nominations Thread and have some fun with it.

In fact, as it was your suggestion, you have the honor ...

hokie fan? ugh, too many bad memories of vatech schooling my boys. had i thought of the false connotation, i would have gone with one of the other members of the irish stout trinity -- murphy's or guinness...
I don't know, man. The one you chose is making my Hokie heart proud.

If you're serious though, PM me and we can talk about changing you up. I understand about usernames ... they matter.

Ok, so the Arcade is cool. I played Space Invaders last night for the first time in nearly 25 years. Took me right back to Friday nights at the roller skating rink.
Agreed. I noticed that you all have Amateur Surgeon. This just keeps getting better and better. :)

This is really cool.

I haven't found the pudding pool

I will keep looking.

Interesting little corner of the interwebs you have created guys. I raise my glass and toast you.

For you Fear the Spear...*bump*

I wonder if the thread title was an accident or a snarky reference to the contrast we were hoping to build here relative to some *cough* 'other internet sites' way of managing things?

My bet is on snark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.