• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Ever had an epic comeback for someone?

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
You may or may not agree with me that my experience a little while ago was epic. I have the unique ability that most people lack - quick thinking. I don't mean in general or all the time, but when it comes to needing a snappy comeback, or having something laid out on a silver platter waiting for a punchline, I tend to be on it immediately like nobody's business.

Just a little while ago, my wife got home with the kids and we went to get some milk. On the way home, we are sitting at the red light when some jackwad in a Lambo pulls up next to us.

Here I sit, in my 2003 Mercury Sable. I am driving, my wife is next to me, and our two kids are in the back. This idiot pulls up next to me revving his engine and inching forward like he wants to race. The whole time, he is staring me down. Seriously? What would it prove to this douchebag in a car that can outrace nearly any car on the planet, to beat my granny car?

So the light is still red, he keeps revving and staring, and starts honking to get my attention. I tell the kids to cover their ears, then I roll down the window and say, "I have a 14 inch dick." The smirk vanishes off of his face immediately, and while he is stunned, the light turns green and I burn him off the line (my car isn't the slouch it appears to be fro the outside - it has a 24 valve DOHC 6 cylinder engine with a turbocharger from the original owner). His delayed reaction is my gain, as I had roughly one block to travel :laugh:

In all honesty though, you've probably guessed I don't really have a 14 inch meat wagon (I'd have to let it go limp and fold it in half for that ;)), but that wasn't the point. It gave him something to think about, and it gave me the hesitation I needed to embarrass him in my granny mobile :D. Today, I feel like a winner.

Please share your stories, I know you have em.

I'm a dim wit...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KmTTy_MM5w[/media]

I usually can come up with devastating comebacks.

Problem is, most of them are the next day.:frown2:

Reminds me of one time I was working for a newspaper in the production department and I was having a slow day so I wandered out onto the sales floor to see how things were going for the sales reps. So I'm looking at the sales board with one of the reps and Doug walks up. Doug's a rep too, and he's kinda the office cut-up. Always has a good one-liner ready. I like to give it back to him from time to time so I look at his numbers and say to the other guy 'looks like Doug's having a slow week this week.'

Without missing a beat Doug says 'looks like Henry has his head up his ass again.'

That was about ten years ago, and I'm still trying to come up with a good response. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.