• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

First Annual BGO Draft Prediction Competition

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Fancy yourself a better mock maker than the "pros"? Maybe you think you have what it takes to run an NFL war room and pull the trigger for your team, or some other team, on draft day? Perhaps you just think your fellow forum members are off the deep end about this whole draft thing and you want to be recognized as having known what was what all along.

Here is your chance to prove it. We are announcing the First Annual BGO Draft Prediction Competition.

The rules are simple.

- Contestant must have picks submitted no later than start of Round 1, 8pm ET Thursday April 28.
- Contestants must submit picks by e-mail to me at my BGO e-mail address (neophyte@bgobsession.com).
- Contestants must list selections by player name, position played and school.
- Contestants predicting trades must list predicted trade partner and trade compensation.
- Once the draft is complete, I will total all scores and announce a winner no later than Sunday May 7th.

Round 1 (10th pick)
- Correct 1st round player 5 pts
- Correctly predicting a 1st round trade 5 pts
- Correctly predicting the correct trade partner 5 pts
- Correctly predicting the correct trade compensation 5 pts (contingent on also having the right trade partner)
Round 2 (41st pick)
- Same as picks above excepting that correct predictions are worth 10 pts
Round 5 (144th, 155th picks)
- Same as picks above excepting that correct predictions are worth 15 pts
Round 6 (177th pick)
- Same as picks above excepting that correct predictions are worth 20 pts
Round 7 (213th, 224th, 253rd)
- Same as picks above excepting that correct predictions are worth 25 pts
- Remember that the 253rd pick is Compensatory so cannot be traded

Additional Rules
- Right player/Wrong round - half the points for the predicted round or the round he was selected in (whichever is lower).
- Flat bonus of 20 points for picking the correct player taken with new picks acquired by trade.

Questions maybe posted in this thread. Predictions e-mailed to me per above.

Good luck!

Oh, and as always, BGO staff and their families are ineligible. :)

Last edited:
Just to make this even more fun, our top player will receive their choice of either a year's free Premium membership, or a sexy BGO ballcap.:chestram2:

I'll be sending you an email probably day of the draft Neo. I have two more mocks to work on till I'm done with my 2011 mocks.

So this is just the Skins pick through the 7 rounds right?

So, I sat at the computer during the Caps game looking over the draft boards and trying to figure out what we would do so I could participate in this.

Yeah, I gave up. I have no idea! Locker? Quinn? Jones? Trade down? There are entirely too many variables for a novice like me to think I can somehow pick rounds 5,6 or 7. :laugh:

Give me a couple days, I may take a shot at it.

I will say this, if we could trade with NE and get their later 2nd round pick at #60 after addressing the O-line and D-line with #17 and #44 picks, provided Taiwan Jones were still available which he is projected to be, I would pull the trigger quickly!

So, I sat at the computer during the Caps game looking over the draft boards and trying to figure out what we would do so I could participate in this.

Yeah, I gave up. I have no idea! Locker? Quinn? Jones? Trade down? There are entirely too many variables for a novice like me to think I can somehow pick rounds 5,6 or 7. :laugh:

Give me a couple days, I may take a shot at it.

I will say this, if we could trade with NE and get their later 2nd round pick at #60 after addressing the O-line and D-line with #17 and #44, if Taiwan Jones were still available which he is projected to be, I would pull the trigger quickly!

Just throw darts at a board filled with college players, and you'll probably beat us all. :)

I'll be sending you an email probably day of the draft Neo. I have two more mocks to work on till I'm done with my 2011 mocks.

So this is just the Skins pick through the 7 rounds right?

Sorry for the late reply WD, I was out of town for the weekend. Correct! All I want is the Skins picks through 7 rounds.

I'm already receiving official entries too. Very cool.

Can we submit more than one entry/scenario?

Another good question and I am going to say "No" and for a couple of reasons. First, NFL GMs only get one shot at it. Second, if we have as much participation as I hope we have, I will be hard pressed to get all the entries graded as and result posted by my own self imposed deadline as it is.

What about right player, wrong round? That should be worth some points, I would think.

Hmmm...let me think about that. Thanks for pointing out that possibility.

How about half the points for the predicted round or the round he was selected in (whichever is lower).

So let's say someone predicts player A will be taken in round 3 and player B will be taken in round 4.

If player A is taken in round 4, then they'd get half the points for round 4. If player B is taken in round 3, then they'd also get half the points for round 4.

Another good question and I am going to say "No" and for a couple of reasons. First, NFL GMs only get one shot at it. Second, if we have as much participation as I hope we have, I will be hard pressed to get all the entries graded as and result posted by my own self imposed deadline as it is.
Whattayamean? You're not allowed to have another life, are you?

Seriously though, your reasons are solid, and expected.

How about half the points for the predicted round or the round he was selected in (whichever is lower).

So let's say someone predicts player A will be taken in round 3 and player B will be taken in round 4.

If player A is taken in round 4, then they'd get half the points for round 4. If player B is taken in round 3, then they'd also get half the points for round 4.

Alright Lanky, I can go with this. All, please note the emphasis placed on going with the lower value. I will round half points up to the nearest whole, so if the lower round was worth 15 points then the actual point value received will be 8.

Just a bit over a full day left to get your predictions in folks!

Please note the addition of new rules above. Nothing major but might make a bit of difference in what you send in.

If there are questions about them, please ask.

Last edited:
Sent in my entry...completely wrong, I'm sure, but I decided to send in what I *wanted* to happen. That way, I'll be happy twice!

Well, I decided to give it a shot and I will say now I think we land JJ Watt in a trade down scenario.

Sent.

My picks more or less hinge on a trade in the 1st. If that happens, I think people will be very happy based on my guesses.
Skins would address QB, DE, NT, OLB, OG, OT, RB, CB and WR in this scenario.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.