• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Does anybody know what today is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, almost forgot!

This is the day that BGO members PayPal me one hundred dollars each. A good Friday indeed. Thanks everyone - great vibes from all and I have this unusual urge to go and hug a tree though. :)

Oh yeah, almost forgot!

This is the day that BGO members PayPal me one hundred dollars each. A good Friday indeed. Thanks everyone - great vibes from all and I have this unusual urge to go and hug a tree though. :)
Damn, that's what I was forgetting. Sorry, I'll get right on that :laugh:

This is the day the entire world tells a ghost story, but totally serious about it.

Since the weather is so crappy and I can't get my Mustang out, I'm going to burn to burn a tire instead

I wish the people who are so concerned with leaving their kids & grandkids with a ton of national debt were equally worried about leaving their kids & grandkids a polluted, garbage-filled planet...sigh.

Funny how religious people want respect for their beliefs, but have no problem throwing religion in everyone's face even though it may be found offensive to others.

Im all for free speech and everything but when you intentionally attack and insult someone's beliefs its pretty pathetic. Its not like I nor any other Christian on this site sit around and mock agnostic/athiests.
Did I miss something? Was this directed at anyone in particular?

Funny how religious people want respect for their beliefs, but have no problem throwing religion in everyone's face....
This has always been the problem I have with religion. I respect religion, and people who are religious, but a lot of the more devout really like to throw religion around all the time, even when it doesn't pertain to anything at the moment. I never see agnostics or atheists going around taunting religious followers, but you see the opposite quite a bit.

I personally do not believe in god, or any god for that matter. The fact I am not a believer does not mean that I'm a bad person, religiously intolerant, or in love with evil. These seem to be misconceptions a lot of my religious friends have. I can't tell how many times someone has told me that I'm going to hell because I don't believe in god. Obviously, if I do not believe in god I do not believe in heaven or hell, so it's a moot point.

I don't expect people to care that I'm not a believer, but I would expect to be respected for my beliefs, just as I respect every religion in the world. I bash nobody for their choices in this matter, and I don't think any differently of them for their beliefs. It just baffles me that the most intolerant people in the world are almost always religious folks, when they are supposedly taught tolerance.

The biggest problem I face as a non believer is when atheist douchebags like the freak on Fox that's always bitching about the pledge and the money having religious words. Religious folks assume a lot, based on this tool, that we all share those beliefs. I have personally never met an atheist or agnostic that shared his views. I have no problem with religious symbols, religious holidays, religious words in the pledge or on our money. I have nothing but respect for it.

But the people who have themselves convinced they are more loving and tolerant because they're religious? That's true ignorance to me. Religion or lack of religion doesn't make a person any better or worse. Remember, in prison they're all religious :laugh:

***EDIT: Due to this post, I inadvertently reminded myself today is Good Friday too.
***EDIT #2: I saw a post in the good morning thread that I believe is the one you are referring to. I understand where your earlier remark here came from now.

Mike, I understand 100% why you got upset, and I see where you're coming from. However, Lanky brings up a true argument. I personally wasn't offended by your god reference in the other thread, but I can see why some people would be.

That being said Mike, if you don't appreciate non believers throwing out their beliefs, you should take your own advice and not throw your beliefs out there first. Not trying to tell you what you did was wrong, or not to do it, just that you have to expect other people to discuss their beliefs if you're discussing yours.

There is nothing anywhere that says religion is truer than non religion. Nobody is wrong or right for their beliefs, so he had just as much right to say what he said as you had to say what you said. You stated your belief about god, which Lanky followed with his belief about god. He wasn't bashing god, or you, or your beliefs. He made a statement, just as you did.

One thing that bothers me is when religious people reference god in everything, and that is supposed to be acceptable and ok. Then when someone makes a reference about no god or anything similar, they get bashed and jumped on like they committed a crime. Practice patience and tolerance like the bible preaches. In the Army, I read the bible twice. Once just to see what it was all about, and a second time to double check what I was reading and form an opinion. Ironically, it was the bible that made me believe there was no god.

Last edited:
Due to this post, I inadvertently reminded myself today is Good Friday too.

Why do you think I mentioned it being a good day and tree hugging in my reply earlier this morning?

:)

No PayPal verifications yet, but all of you still have plenty of time.

If someone says, "Good Morning! God's grace abounds!"

How is that any different than saying "Good Morning! There is no god!"

It isn't.

As to the ghost story comment - someone dying and then coming back to life as a holy spirit is a ghost story. Just because it happens to be a ghost story that millions of people believe doesn't change the fact that it is indeed about the ghost of someone who was killed coming back to the earth. If you are offended by that, then I suggest you take a closer look at the story itself.

Victim? No victim here. I'm not the one claiming my beliefs have been insulted.

I didn't do it to be inflammatory - I did it to even the playing field. Personally, I don't like to read about god this and prayers for that, which have been featured prominently the past week or so. Just as much as I'm sure you don't like reading athiest-type posts. But fair is fair. Just because you can't comprehend that I could have the same reaction to religious posts that you do to my posts doesn't mean I'm not right.

actually I dont mind the athiest posts as long as they arent rude, insulting or meant to do things besides just express your feelings.

Well never fear, Mike - I'm just expressing my feelings and opinions. How you react to my opinion of religion is on you.

actually I dont mind the athiest posts as long as they arent rude, insulting or meant to do things besides just express your feelings.
Just to simplify things.....let me see if I have this right.

God is great, wonderful, abound, or whatever was said is ok, but there is no god is ok? What if it had been the other way around? Still not ok? I'm just trying to get clarification.

In a totally different scenario: If someone were to come on here on Easter Sunday and made a post saying that god isn't real, or made some other atheist remark that you did not agree with, would you ignore it, or comment? I get the feeling that you are strong in your beliefs, which I fully respect, and based on that I would actually expect you to respond. Not exactly in a fighting manner, but a response anyway. Would that not be hypocritical based on your argument with Lanky?

I don't know what his intention was with his remark, and neither do you to be totally honest. We can make assumptions based on the timing of the post being immediately after yours, but the lack of hateful or inflammatory speech in his comments leads me to believe he didn't intend it to be hateful.

why was it neccesary for you to post your "feelings" in a thread about rebecca black then?
I have to be honest, this confused the **** out of me too :laugh:

Can we say most completely derailed u-turn of a thread ever? Not that I'm complaining, it's still interesting I think. Fun, fun, fun, fun, looking forward to the weekend.

The thread title posed a question: Does anybody know what today is? I answered the question.

I have to be honest, this confused the **** out of me too :laugh:

Can we say most completely derailed u-turn of a thread ever? Not that I'm complaining, it's still interesting I think. Fun, fun, fun, fun, looking forward to the weekend.

I hate that song so much, lol.

The thread title posed a question: Does anybody know what today is? I answered the question.
However, your answer was, incomplete. This day can be many things, to many people. Only one of which you stated.

I, on the other hand, succinctly, and correctly answered the question.
Ax said:
It is Friday, April 22nd, 2011.

What did I win?
And I want my ****in' cookie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.