• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Why are so many reporters so heartless and ignorant?

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
For anybody who hasn't heard, Saturday night was a brutal night in Southeast Virginia and Central to Northeast North Carolina.

In a region that typically sees maybe a few tornadoes per year, there are reports suggesting that anywhere from 60-120 could have touched down across Virginia and North Carolina Saturday night.

This is unfathomable for an area that not only isn't equipped with any kind of warning sirens, but doesn't have the resources to respond to or deal with the devastation caused.

To someone from Oklahoma, Kansas, Alabama, etc. this might not be such a huge deal, but out here we got more tornadoes that night than the last decade combined. A lot of people lost their lives, their homes, and their possessions. There is almost nobody in the area that wasn't affected in some way.

So while people try to absorb and process what happened, the news cameras from all over the country start showing up. Inevitably, the douchebag reporters start asking douchebag reporter questions. The most common ones I have been hearing are as follows.

1. "How much does this hurt?"
2. "Does this change how you will prepare in the future?"
3. "Did you ever expect this to happen?"
4. "How will you be able to start over?"
5. "Does it make it difficult to know you've lost everything?"

SERIOUSLY? WTF? I'm about one stupid question from going on a rampage. My cousin has a house in Gatesville, NC. She was so emotinally devastated at the thought of what was awaiting her that she had me drive her down there. We get to where her house used to be, and it was just a foundation. There was not a single piece of debris, remnants, or anything of any kind left. Literally, a foundation in the middle of a field, with a few pipes sticking out of it.

Her entire house was gone, the pieces weren't even there for her to rummage through. It was like the tornado came down and just completely erased her entire house. It was the most sickening and spooky thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

So while I'm standing there with my jaw on the ground, completely in shock, and she is losing it completely, a reporter comes up to talk to her. No camera, just a reporter with her note pad.

Instead of giving condolences or just shutting the **** up, she felt the need to ask, "what are you feeling right now?" "Do you think your life will ever be the same?" SERIOUSLY BITCH?

What the hell is wrong with these heartless scumbags? Is there really a reason why, even with the lack of an audience, they still ask this stupid ****?

Why, you ask?

The same reason crap like the Jerry Springer show is still around.

Too many people are emotional vultures and lap this kind of sh*t up.

don't know. you'll have to refer to Journolist for an answer.

Because drama and fear are what draw viewers/readers/listeners these days. Its the same reason why people run for their lives when they see a mosquito b/c the news talked about WEST NILE VIRUS OMG WE'REALLGONNADIE!!!11!!!1!!!!

I don't know Lanky...seems to me there's a lot of under-reporting lately on stuff this admin does that is truly scary!!!!!

I don't know Lanky...seems to me there's a lot of under-reporting lately on stuff this admin does that is truly scary!!!!!

What the hell does that have to do with the story about one of our own's troubles concerning these storms. Stay on point.

Unfortunately Extreme, that seems to be the way today's so called journalism works. Go for the sensationalism and peoples feeling be damned. Sorry for your families loss.

What the hell does that have to do with the story about one of our own's troubles concerning these storms. Stay on point.

Unfortunately Extreme, that seems to be the way today's so called journalism works. Go for the sensationalism and peoples feeling be damned. Sorry for your families loss.

here! here! you tell him! afterall......who would ever imagine a question about motives behind poor reporting leading down the path it did.

duly remonstrated...you da man!

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell is wrong with these heartless scumbags? Is there really a reason why, even with the lack of an audience, they still ask this stupid ****?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.