• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

On the Clock...

What should the Redskins do with the 10th Overall Pick?

• Offensive Lineman

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Speed-rushing DE/DL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Starting RB to replace Clinton Portis

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Franchise QB

• Wide Receiver

• Trade down for more picks

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Best player available regardless of position

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (specify in comments)

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
So what should the Redskins do with the 10th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft?

I voted "Trade Down For More Picks". It might be a little bit of wishful thinking on my part. Trade down once or even twice.

Last edited:
I also went with trade down for more picks. With FA currently dead in the water and with so many holes and so few picks I think picking up more middle round picks-and possibly extras for next year would be a good idea.

BPA is the only thing we can control.

Obviously, if a deal to trade down presents itself, we should likely do so.

But it's out of our control.

BPA. And I believe that will be Julio Jones. But a lineman would be great too.

Have to try our darndest to trade down for more picks. We have a lot of holes to fill. A handful of solid players is better than one superstar IMO.

BPA is the only thing we can control.

Obviously, if a deal to trade down presents itself, we should likely do so.

But it's out of our control.

See, I think this is too many years of Vinny brainwashing you. The Eagles always seem to be able to do what they want in the draft, same with Parcells whichever team he's with. Its only not in your control if you're not a good salesman.

See, I think this is too many years of Vinny brainwashing you. The Eagles always seem to be able to do what they want in the draft, same with Parcells whichever team he's with. Its only not in your control if you're not a good salesman.

Are you saying Vinny wasn't a good salesman? I thought his poker face with bulging eyes was incredibly difficult to read.

(Have I ever mentioned I suck at poker?)

EDIT: to answer the question, trade down.

Are you saying Vinny wasn't a good salesman? I thought his poker face with bulging eyes was incredibly difficult to read.

(Have I ever mentioned I suck at poker?)

EDIT: to answer the question, trade down.

Well, he DID sell Snyder on the fact that he was a good GM for 10 years. That moron hired him TWICE!

If there isn't anyone who wants to trade up, you can't force them to.
That's what I said you can't control. If someone makes a worthwhile offer to us, we should consider it, given our scarce amount of selections.

And yes, you're right, the Eagles WANTED to draft Freddie Mitchell in the first round.

If there isn't anyone who wants to trade up, you can't force them to.
That's what I said you can't control. If someone makes a worthwhile offer to us, we should consider it, given our scarce amount of selections.

And yes, you're right, the Eagles WANTED to draft Freddie Mitchell in the first round.

Every team has their fair share of bad draft picks. I was referring to trading down or up as they wanted to, not the actual picks themselves. Who you pick and how you pick them are two different animals.

I think there's enough talent high up in the draft that someone would be willing to trade up for the right price - the question is, will the price be worth our while re: draft picks?

I would hope that the promise of a rookie pay scale would make teams less hesitant to make that trade up, but we'll see in a little less than 2 wks.

I think we have a fair chance of either Jones or Quinn being on the board at ten. If we could move down to 17 or 18 and pick up another 2nd round pick, I'd be happy.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Comparing the Skins to the Eagles or Pats is tough. Those guys are usually trading picks in later 3rd of a round, which seem to be easier to move than a pick in the first 3rd of a round, especially the 1st round where the price tag for drafting a player is high. By the time you get past #20 (where the Eagles and Pats are often picking) you can start to get more value for the money. You also have guys available there that a lot of teams thought would go much higher so teams are more tempted to give up a pick to move up to get a guy they want but didn't think they had bonafide shot at.

Until the Skins start picking in the last half to last 3rd of the first round, trading back will be tough to do, in my opinion. Unless, of course, we get a labor agreement that includes a rookie scale that makes the picks at the top of the order more valuable.

I'd have to say that trading down is the no-brainer move this year, but as Ax has accurately stated, that isn't just another choice when you're on the clock. If no one is offering value for your pick, you use it yourself. You can't write trade down on the card and turn it in. Well, I guess you could, but it probably wouldn't work out very well.

As far as that goes, if the Redskins can write franchise QB on the card and get one, that would definitely be the way to go.

More realistically, f the Redskins do use the #10 pick, I'd hope they take the BPA, which, in my mind anyway, would be the top player left on their board, not the top player left on the Mayock, Kiper, etc. public boards. I'm also guessing that need is a factor in ranking the players on their board.

I think the Vikings tried that a few years ago. They skipped their turn because they couldn't get the pick in on time.

Sadly, they did not garner any additional picks.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

:) I never realized they had played the old generic trade down card. Maybe it'll work this year. Who knows?

Trade down. If not, then get the best DE/DL speed rusher available.

If they can trade down, continue to rebuild the lines - do that even if they are not able to trade down. Next year is when you can go after more of the skill positions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.