• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WPC: Colt’s Corner – Examining the Ravens Game

Pappas

http://www.warpathconfidential.com/?p=596

Colt’s Corner – Examining the Ravens Game

By John Pappas
Warpath Confidential Editor

Last Thursday was a rough night for the Washington Redskins’ offense. The team was shut out by an aggressive Baltimore defense. For Colt Brennan, it was especially bad. Brennan had his worst night as a professional, going 4-for-12 for 43 yards with an interception and a 10.1 passer rating.

We caught up with Brennan after he watched game film. He shared his thoughts on his overall performance, the interception, the pressure defense of the Ravens, and why he did not look as sharp as last preseason.

It was kinda what I felt [following the game]. I never really got a rhythm going. When the third quarter came around we were moving the ball a little bit, I threw that pick. Then in the fourth quarter we never had really good field position. I’m just looking back at it now and I realize I never really got in a rhythm and I never got anything going.

But what I did like about it was the [physicality] as far as when I moved, when I avoided, when I got out of the pocket, when I ran. When I did throw the ball downfield I had a couple good throws, good shots downfield. So physically, I was there. I looked good. I looked quick. I was throwing the ball well when I had guys.

Click the link to read the full article...

Anyone else reminded just a bit of a young Joe Theismann?

Physically, Joe had a three-quarters throwing motion (though not as pronounced), quick feet and quick release. Mentally, he was all about trying to 'make something happen,' particularly as a young buck trying to break in. And verbally, all you had to do was ask a single question and hold the mic steady, and Joe would do the rest. ;)

Second coming?

I guess I do see a little Joe in Colt. I’m rooting for the guy but he’s clearly not ready yet. The good part is he had some substance in his analysis of his play in the game. He didn’t just say something like “We need to execute better blah blah blah…..” or “What we do works”.

I expect him to play better this week. Will he play well enough in the pre-season to move Collins from the number 2 slot? Who knows? It would sure be nice to see his play on the field dictate that he has arrived as at least a legitimate #2 option.

-------------------

Last edited:
No, I didn't hear Joe talking about that (musta been while I was reminding myself over and over and over that preseason doesn't matter :paranoid: ). Not surprised though. Now that I've started thinking about it, the similarities in playing style, physical makeup and even personality are kinda striking. Colt is a whole lot more laid back than Joe ever was, but he does have a bit of Joe's bravado and comfort-level with a microphone in his face.

Hey, if CB takes the game between the ears as seriously as Joe did--say what you want about Joe's motor mouth, the man was a serious student of his craft--he has a chance to have a memorable career. I think Colt's got the physical tools; to me all he's going to need to do is commit long-term to the work ethic and wait for the opportunity.

I've given Brennan a hard time in the past mostly because of the poor NFL record of spread offense college QBs. Even so, I don't know that one can really draw many conclusions from the Rat Birds game. He was under pressure early and often with almost every snap. I'd really like to see him get a big of time with the starting offense to see what he's really got.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I like some of the elusiveness he displayed when pressured but it WAS a rough start for him. He showed more last year with less knowledge under the same if not worse circumstances so its not looking good. I still hold out for him to pan out, you have to admit it isn't close to a reality yet though.

No, I didn't hear Joe talking about that (musta been while I was reminding myself over and over and over that preseason doesn't matter :paranoid: ).

Theismann actually also specifically mentioned the sidearm throwing motion, and indicated that it shouldn't be a big deal, since he threw sidearm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.