• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

So, jobless claims are up again. Now what?

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/14/weekly-unemployment-rate-shoots/?test=latestnews

I just thought this was interesting since the media and Obama fanboys go crazy every time there's a slight drop, but now that it's up again their lips are sealed.

I just find it odd that the claims are going back up right after Obama and others have been patting themselves on the back for over a month about all the supposed job growth, increase in job creation, etc. Once again, the facts aren't backing his claims.

I don't think I've ever seen the media report a weekly drop. Shrug.

Anyway, if unemployment doesn't start going down, and a lot faster than it has been dropping, it's going to be an anchor around Obama's neck.

I don't think I've ever seen the media report a weekly drop. Shrug.

Anyway, if unemployment doesn't start going down, and a lot faster than it has been dropping, it's going to be an anchor around Obama's neck.
Me and my neighbor discussed the same thing when he was elected.

It basically boiled down to if you're going to make a campaign promise to boost jobs and fix the economy, you damn well better hope you can follow through or you're screwed. This goes for any politician.

Unfortunately for politicians that make these claims, they find out after they're in office that it's a case of easier said than done.

Not only that, but the economy is what got Obama elected. It was a much closer race when the big issue was Iraq and foreign policy. Once the economy tanked Obama started pulling away. He was elected to fix this. If he doesn't, well, I hope the GOP comes up with someone other than Trump, Bachmann or Palin. :)

Not only that, but the economy is what got Obama elected. It was a much closer race when the big issue was Iraq and foreign policy. Once the economy tanked Obama started pulling away. He was elected to fix this. If he doesn't, well, I hope the GOP comes up with someone other than Trump, Bachmann or Palin. :)
Amen to that. 3 blind mice, and neither one will be able to find their way to a solution.

If conservatives think things are bad now, just elect one of those 3 jokers into the white house.

I believe you will see Pawlenty begin to pull away. I think what helps him most is his appearance of modesty. He may not be modest, but he does not come across as a Washington ego-maniac.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/14/weekly-unemployment-rate-shoots/?test=latestnews

I just thought this was interesting since the media and Obama fanboys go crazy every time there's a slight drop, but now that it's up again their lips are sealed.

I just find it odd that the claims are going back up right after Obama and others have been patting themselves on the back for over a month about all the supposed job growth, increase in job creation, etc. Once again, the facts aren't backing his claims.

I was wondering when someone was going to post this. predictable pattern....eh?

but there is something much more worrisome...this President will say just about anything! he makes 180 degree changes in pov within mos...and is never held to account. what a scary friggin historical breakpoint we are locked into.....with this guy in charge.

Obama has a billion promises he made to get elected and one by one they are starting to be shown as lies. I have a feeling that the GOP will zero in on each of them and he wont get a second term.

I agree there is re huge gaps between promise and execution. not sure he is lying or simply can't lead.

Just a general question: do you all ever get tired of illustrating how much you hate Obama? I realize he has not kept his campaign promises and is generally doing a rotten job, but at what point do we need to get to in order for you to understand even us moderates aren't thrilled either?

Just a general question: do you all ever get tired of illustrating how much you hate Obama? I realize he has not kept his campaign promises and is generally doing a rotten job, but at what point do we need to get to in order for you to understand even us moderates aren't thrilled either?
I am a moderate myself. I vote almost 50/50, and I share and oppose views from both sides almost right down the middle. I'm just keeping things consistent.

Whenever things go in the right direction, the media is all over it and Obama like it's the greatest news ever made. However, when things start to tank, Obama disappears and the media typically fails to mention it, other than Fox and unbiased sources.

I bashed Bush, and I bash Obama. I'm consistent :)

Ok then. So long as you're not lumping in FOX News with "unbiased sources".

one is a mistake. 2, possible lack of execution. 3, you are getting to be a liar. after 3 you are a liar.

thems strong words Mike! to be honest...I'm not sure...cuz that takes you into pathological territory if it is a consistent pattern.

raising taxes bad for the economy 4 mos ago.....now good for the economy

Obamacare will lower healthcare costs - who knew he meant waivers!!!!

Republicans can ride in the back.....we need bipartisanship

Come on guys...Obama is not that bad!

:laugh: OK, I couldn't hold a straight face after that statement!

raising taxes bad for the economy 4 mos ago.....now good for the economy

Obamacare will lower healthcare costs - who knew he meant waivers!!!!

Republicans can ride in the back.....we need bipartisanship

I hope you're better than this. I think Obama is doi a fairly poor job, but there is no need to make things out to be worse than they are. They are plenty bad as is.

1) the economy has changed in the past four months. Would you really want a president who did not take into account changes in the economy when setting policy?
2) yes, because the original bill he introduced was exactly what passed.
3) I am sure the Republican name calling and mocking has nothing to do with the lack of bi partisanship, it's ALL on Obama.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

closing Gitmo...didnt happen
jobless rates...as bad as ever
pulling the troops out of Iraq within 5 months...nope

do i need to name off any more?

Gitmo is bad, no argument.
Unemployment is not improving much, but does seem to have stopped the precipitous drops we were suffering through in 09-11. Some progress in other words.
Things change in Iraq, perhaps necessitating continued presence. I can agree he should not have stated it as strongly as he did ,but then again, I have a feeling you guys would have killed him had he come across as wushu-washy too.

Over half the people in this country do not pay taxes

45% of AMericans are not working but are still being supported by people like me that pay taxes

Why?

Again, had he not been definitive with a timeline and then said we would be out of Iraq as soon as possible, the Repubs would have crushed him. I suppose iretrospect, he should have given himself more time, over estimated what he thought it would take, but i cant fault him for being definitive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.